Skip-the-Line Guided Tour of Pompeii
Avoid the notoriously-long ticket queues at Pompeii with your skip-the-line tickets and take a deep-dive into the history of this city as you walk through the cobbled streets. Listen intently to your local tour guide to pick up fascinating anecdotes and secrets about the ancient city.
- Whim past the long queue lines and make your way to the site with your skip-the-line access tickets.
- Indulge in a historic adventure into the archaeological site of Pompeii.
- Alongside an expert history guide, enjoy a 2-hour walking tour to learn about the early Romans’ lifestyle.
- Hidden for hundreds of years, the discovery of Pompeii made it one of the main attractions in the Campania Region.
- It has been preserved over the years by the lava which petrified the area.
- Find here frescos, buildings, artworks, and human plaster casts.
- Explore the ancient shops, the amazing theatre, thermal baths, and more, all set against Mt. Vesuvius as a backdrop.
- Choose a guided tour in the language of your choice - the buried city will be brought to life by the stories narrated by your guide.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Pompeii Archaeological Site
- Guided tour in multiple languages (less than 20 people) inside the ruins of Pompeii
- English VIP Small Group (less than 15 people)
- Official, authorized local guide
- Dedicated headsets
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Museum entrance is not included in this ticket.
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Pompeii is the stuff of legends, and has inspired countless documentaries, movies, and books! The city dates back to nearly 2,000 years. An ancient site, the town was unearthed in 1748 AD after the infamous eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. This tour is particularly beneficial because you get to stroll past the famously long ticketing queues. You'll even have a dedicated guide for company, who will let you in on interesting anecdotes about the places and things you see.
Join a small group of 20 people or less and start exploring the buildings in Pompeii – from homes to bathhouses, fast food stores to outdoor theatres. With ancient ruins and a skyline dominated by Mount Vesuvius, the visuals through this discovery are breathtaking. Admire the frescos and statues spread over the town. See the 25 street fountains, 4 public baths, and many business buildings, which paints an almost real picture of the town in its hay day. As you stroll through the cobbled streets you’ll find yourself looking at everything with a sense of wonder and amazement. After all, you’re in a place that is frozen in the fabric of time.
Continue following your guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town. Discover what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry, and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. You'll have headsets to be sure that you catch every word, with a little extra space for wandering and picture-taking. By the end of this tour, your understanding of the ancient world is sure to change. After all, you will see how much you have in common with people who lived in the first century. From everyday objects to wine barrels, there’s a lot for you to see and discover on this tour!
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English Tour
- English VIP Small Group (<15)
- Spanish Tour
- French Tour
- German Tour
- Italian Tour
- Portuguese Tour
Covid Safety Information
- Fully vaccinated guests (who have completed 2 vaccines + a booster or 1 Johnson plus booster) no longer need to produce Green Passes from 1 April. Anyone who has not completed the full vaccination cycle must still produce a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours of any entrance to museums and sites.
- All visitors (children and infants included) must bring copies of passports on the day of any tour.
- FFP2 face masks are strongly recommended to be used inside closed spaces/indoors.
- Check for current Covid information on the Italian government website before planning your visit.
- Transport to the venue is not provided and you'll have to make your own way to the meeting point as per instructions.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks at the entrance. This may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Unfortunately, the tour is unsuitable for wheelchair users, for any impairments requiring special assistance, and for pram/stroller users.
- Some sites on your visit lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Carry a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- Skip-the-line access and careful planning mean limited crowd exposure but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
- Some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures.
- The tour operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or the staff.
- The excavation fee for all first Sundays of the month is free.
- Monolingual departure is only granted when the proper number of guests in a given language is reached.
Infants aged 2 and below may enter for free. Children aged 3-7 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.