Walk & Explore Amsterdam with the Interactive City Trail
Take a thoroughly enjoyable 2-hour treasure hunt through the heart of Amsterdam. Complete fun assignments and riddles to receive points, and compete against other treasure hunters!
- Solve 15 different riddles and assignments that take you on an exciting tour of Amsterdam.
- Explore the city at your own pace on this self-guided tour.
- Enjoy a thrilling and fun treasure hunt through Amsterdam with the help of your smartphone.
- With no limit limits or restrictions, enjoy the trail whenever you are free
- A super exciting city trail
- 15 riddles and assignments
- Smartphone and data
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
On booking your tickets, you will receive an email with instructions on how you can use the City Trail app. Just go to the starting point to start your treasure hunt. There is no fixed day or time that you must start the experience. You can start, pause, and stop, whenever you want, giving you maximum flexibility.
The Trail is a 3.5-kilometer-long quest through the heart of Amsterdam. You will be taken to some of the best spots in the city while playing fun riddles and assignments. Get the chance to see and explore the area around the city’s canals, Anne Frank House, the Warmoesstraat, Westertoren, Dam Square, Oude Kerk, and the Royal Palace.
If you’re with a group of friends, this is one of the best ways to discover Amsterdam, while still having a lot of fun! The team (max 6 participants) can appoint 1 team leader to read the game. Using 1 smartphone per team, you figure out the locations and solve the questions together.
know before you go
No date or time restrictions. The experience can be accessed at any time of the day.
- A minimum of 2 people are required to book this tour.
- A maximum of 6 people are allowed per group.
- You require a mobile phone with a data plan and GPS tracking since you will navigate through the city using GPS.
- Animals or pets allowed.
- This experience is not recommended for people with heart conditions.
- Please note that this is a self-guided tour and that nobody will pick you up at the starting location.
- A lot of walking is involved in this experience. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes to cover long walking distances.
- Although you can access the experience in the evenings and nights, note that some squares, parks, and courtyards may be closed after 9:00 PM, and you will not be able to find a specific item or location.
- The trail is wheelchair accessible as a rule. Sometimes there are hills (Nijmegen and Maastricht for example) and some public areas are less easily accessible. You can always see for yourself whether you want to visit or skip a location.
- If you play with multiple teams, the team with the most points wins. Each team can run its own route. Agree on a time where you will meet after the Trail (for example the finish). There, compare your score and the national scores.
- Note: The locations and questions are only shown once. Once played and answered, they expire.