Athens Street Art Tour
Explore Athens through its street art scene. Join a real street artist guide and visit the city’s alternative neighborhoods to see the most iconic graffiti art in Athens.
- Look at Athens from a fresh perspective, through its amazing street art.
- Discover the secret messages behind the art and learn about the city’s history.
- Follow an expert street local art guide through Athens’ alternative neighborhoods.
- Admire how Athens’ economic and social crises have been portrayed by street artists.
- This tour is available in English and Greek.
- Accompanied by a local expert English or Greek-speaking guide
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks)
- Pick-up, drop-off
- Private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
When you think of street art, you probably think of London, Berlin, or New York. Athens, however, is just as rich in graffiti art. Join this urban art tour and explore the districts that have made Athens a contender for world-class street art. It was in 1998 that street art really took off in the Greek capital and developed its own distinctive style over the next decade, particularly during the country’s economic crisis.
This 3-hour tour will take you off the beaten tourist trail to the most alternative areas of Athens. Follow an expert street art guide and learn fun facts like how the owl has been a symbol of wisdom in ancient Athens. Find out what its contemporary, street form version looks like. See the portrait of Loukanikos, the dog. He was the symbol of Greek resistance against the IFM-prompted austerity measures.
All you need to enjoy this tour is curiosity and an appreciation for the colors, ideas and meanings of the works you encounter. This will make you look at Athens from a fresh perspective.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Greek-Guided Tour
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds.
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks) are provided.
- This tour is pram/stroller-accesible.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- It is recommended that you wear casual, comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen on hot days.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is permitted, provided you do not use flash and tripods.
- Metaxourgeio district: 45 min
- Kerameikos district: 30 min
- Gazi district: 30 min
- Psirri district: 45 min
Every day at 10 AM and 5 PM.
Infants can go for free. Children aged 2-11, as well as youths aged 12-17, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 5 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide outside Stanley hotel at Metaxourgeio square.
- Address: Odisseos 1, Athina 104 37, Greece.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest metro station is 'Metaxourgeio.' Catch the M2 to get here.
- 'Peroke' is the nearest bus stop. Board bus #057, 790, A15, or B15 to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.