Athens City And Streets Walking Tour
Tour Athens, the birthplace of European culture. Join a local guide on a walk through the historic center, past many of the city's cultural and architectural highlights.
- Stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood.
- Stimulate your senses with the aromas of the Monastiraki market.
- Watch the changing of the guard at the Parliament House.
- Discover how to navigate the city so you can explore independently.
- Choose to have your tour conducted in English, German, or Greek.
- Walking tour with an expert German, English, or Greek-speaking local guide
- Shared group tour of max 12 people
- Transport to the meeting spot
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Walk along Athens' streets, explore historic neighborhoods that surround the Acropolis, as well as the picturesque Plaka district. Follow an expert guide to hidden nooks and treats in the city that only locals know. Get a peek into Athens' lesser-known architectural and cultural highlights!
Behold Syntagma station and watch the changing of the guards at the Parliament House. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells of Monastiraki's famous markets, where the aromas of fresh Greek food mix with the hustle and bustle. Admire architectural wonders of the ancient world, and stroll past winding streets steeped in history.
Don't hesitate to pick your guide’s brains on their vast knowledge of Greek history and mythology, as well as food recommendations and other local tips!
to know before you go
to know before you go
This ticket has the following options for you to choose from:
- Guided tour in English
- Guided tour in German
- Guided tour in Greek
Security measures COVID-19
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds.
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks) are provided.
- Guides are required to wash their hands regularly.
- Face masks are required of guides in public areas. Travelers must be provided with face masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available for travelers and staff.
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the experience.
- If it is a group of more than 4 people, you will receive headphones to better listen and maintain social distance.
- This tour is wheelchair and pram/pushchair accessible.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for walking long distances.
- Wear light clothing. Bring sunscreen, a hat, and a water bottle, especially in the summer.
- Food and drinks are allowed outside.
- Photography is permitted.
- Monastiraki and Plaka districts.
- House of Parliament.
- Changing of the guard.
- Syntagma Square and its metro station.
- Street life and local experiences as you walk between points of interest.
Daily at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
Children ages 0-2 can attend for free. Visitors ages 3-9 enjoy a reduced ticket price (please bring valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your voucher on your cell phone and show it together with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour start time to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please bring a valid photo ID with you for verification.
- Meet your tour guide at Acropolis Subway Station.
- Your guide will have a sign that reads "Walks In Europe."
- Address: Athens 117 42, Greece.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
How to get there
- If arriving by subway, please head to the surface and wait near the subway sign that reads "Entrance D. Areopagitou 15."
- If you don't arrive by subway, please find the subway sign that says "Akropoli".
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.