Vatican Museums + Sistine Chapel Small Group Tour
Waste no time waiting in any lines with this incredible guided tour of the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. With a professional guide providing you with commentary and deep insight into all the marvels of the Vatican combined with a total bypass of the entry line at the Museum, this is truly the perfect tour for those who are short on time but want to get their money's worth!
- Entrance ticket & reservation fee into Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small tour group (10 guests or less)
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
This exceptional tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel lets you bypass the hours-long waiting lines to these attractions so that you can save time on your Roman holiday admiring the incredible art and architecture that is a hallmark of the Vatican experience. See the world-famous artistic treasures housed in these buildings as well as lesser-known but just as fascinating gems of the art world housed here.
Your professional English guide will be providing you informative commentary as he helps you navigate your way through the key parts of Vatican City, from the Pinecone Courtyard to the Hall of Maps, past the Gallery of Tapestries, and the Gallery of Candelabra until the incredible Raphael Rooms, the public part of the papal apartments. Listen to some fascinating stories about the provenance of the artwork that is held in these places as well as the history from the era in which they were commissioned, giving you insight and knowledge that is hard to gain on your own.
Unsurprisingly, one of the major highlights of this tour is when you arrive at the Sistine Chapel and, though tours are not allowed through the chapel, your guide would have already prepared you through the use of detailed photos as to what to expect once you enter the room. Allow yourself a while to pick out the details your guide would have told you about, like the portrait of Michelangelo’s boneless frame to in express that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again, the fresco that is synonymous with his life's work but also the most arduous labor of love that he had encountered throughout his lifetime.
Know Before You Go
- The Vatican Museums are one of the most popular tourist destinations and sometimes delays can occur due to increased security measures or unexpectedly large crowds during holidays and festivities. As always, your guide will make sure any delays are minimized and that you get access as quickly as possible.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Please note that our vendor will be unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. They will be unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages as well.
- Please note that in case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to modify the itinerary slightly. For example, if some of the internal connecting areas are closed for safety reasons, Raphael's Rooms may be replaced by the Pio Clementino Museum, where the Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere statues are situated.
This tour occurs at 8 AM, 8:45 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM & 2:30 PM. Please note that the timings may change every season due to which not all timings will be available every day. The duration of this tour is 3 hours.
The last entrance at the Sistine Chapel on November 30th will be at 8.30 AM.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email instantly. No need to print! Present your voucher on a mobile device along with a valid photo ID when meeting your tour guide at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
Your tour guide will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. You are required to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to your tour.
If you face any difficulty in finding your meeting point, you can refer to this link.