Rome in a Day: Guided Tour of Vatican Museums & Colosseum with Sistine Chapel
Discover the best of Rome on a full-day, semi-private guided combo tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum. Make the most of your time with skip the line entry!
- Experience the absolute best of Rome on this incredible full-day tour.
- Explore the Vatican museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Colosseum, and more.
- Enjoy priority access to all attractions and waste no time waiting around in long queues.
- Be in awe as you witness Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling at the Sistine Chapel.
- Take a deep dive into the bloody history of the Colosseum and learn of its affairs.
- Enjoy breathtaking views from Palatine Hill and venture into the Roman Forum.
- Learn all about the aspects that make Rome notable with a well-versed professional guide.
- Stop for a quick lunch break (at your own expense) between the two parts of your tour.
- Reserved Vatican Museums access
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Special Access and tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Access to St Peter's Basilica (visit on your own)
- Expert tour guide
- Transfers from the Vatican area to the Colosseum
You can cancel these tickets up to 72 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the stunning Vatican museums along with your guide. Witness one of the most important art collections in the world as you roam the museum’s halls and marvel at the Gallery of Tapestries and Geographical Maps. After this, head to the Sistine Chapel and marvel at the frescoes of Michelangelo crafted upon the ceiling, most of which speak of a tale as old as time. Afterward, make your way to St. Peter’s Basilica, the glorious Rennaisance style church sporting elaborate Baroque interiors.
Meet your Colosseum guide and venture to the top Palatine Hill. Take in the incredible views as your guide tells you all about the origins of Rome. Afterward, head to the Colosseum and skip the long ticketing line to make way into the world’s largest amphitheater ever. Walk the arena floor and learn all about the theatre’s bloody past as your tour guide tells you tales of the ancient gladiator games. Last but not least, walk the ancient path that Romans once used every day as you venture into the Roman Forum, the political and economic heart of the ancient empire. The tour finishes in the archaeological area close to the Colosseum.
know before you go
The ticket includes the following language options that you can choose from:
- English Guide
- Spanish Guide
- French Guide
- German Guide
- Portuguese Guide
- Italian Guide
- Please note that due to current Covid-19 restrictions and new safety policies, all customers will be required to wear a mask. Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C you will unfortunately not be able to attend the tour
- Please note that in case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to modify the itinerary slightly
- Please note that you will be able to visit the St. Peter’s Basilica on your own. Your guide will not take you inside, since direct access from Vatican Museum is not possible.
- Dress Code: In order to enter St.Peter's Basilica, one must abide by a dress code. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Storage Facilities: For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum
- Closures: St Peter’s Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case, the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library
- Security: Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering venues. Guests with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate to bypass security screening
- Vatican cloakroom: The following must be left in the cloakroom: Suitcases, backpacks, and containers larger than 40 x 35 x 15 centimeters; Umbrellas, including those with spike tips, medium and large size; Walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors); Tripods for cameras and video cameras; Signage of any kind. Shoulder bags no wider than 15 cm are allowed
- 6 - 9 hours
- Check your email voucher for the exact meeting point and timings.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly after the purchase
- Please display the same on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of your tour in order to avoid any delays
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking