Buckingham Palace State Rooms Tour with Royal Walking Tour
Walk through the incredible city of London and visit some of the capital’s most iconic shops, churches, clubs, and palaces, some of which are favorites of the British Royal family. Gain entry into the extraordinary royal household and elegant residence of the Queen of England only open to the public for two months out of the entire year! Learn more about the palace as you delve into its charming rooms filled with paintings and antique furniture with the help of an audioguide.
- Take a casual walking tour of London with an expert local guide.
- Learn interesting facts about fascinating locations like the Queen’s off licence, Prince Philip’s barber, and the Crown Estate.
- Enjoy walking through the State Rooms as you witness numerous masterpieces by legendary painters like Rembrandt, Canaletto, and, Rubens.
- Admire the antique French and English furniture scattered throughout the palace.
- Learn more about Buckingham Palace from your audio guide, which is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
Your experience starts with a walking tour which begins near Buckingham Palace itself, where you will be met by your guide who will help you get acquainted with the Royal neighbourhood. Your guide will tell you interesting stories and give you background about the palace. You will also learn about the esoteric and somewhat quaint lives of the British royalty.
Make your way past St. James Palace, the official residence of the Queen, and follow this up with a lovely stroll through St James Park, which once held the Royal Zoo. You can then walk up the Mall, which resembles a red carpet leading up to the palace, and admire Clarence House, the current residence of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
After the walking tour, you can enjoy special timed entry to the Palace, and with your personal audio guide, explore the lavish rooms at your will. See the 19 State Rooms that are used by the members of the royal family themselves. Be dazzled by the 47 metre-long Picture Gallery and look at some of the most spectacular paintings in the Royal Collection
Though guides are not allowed to speak inside the palace, your guide will regale you with tales of the members of the Royal Family who have lived in the Palace at one point or the other so you have context for the historical audio commentary you will receive in a language of your choice allowing you to learn more about the venue. Gain valuable insights and information about the Buckingham Palace as you stroll the halls and discover the secrets of the palace.
- Expert local guide who will lead you on a walking tour prior to your Palace entry
- Entrance ticket for Buckingham Palace
- Audio guide for Buckingham Palace
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Headsets where appropriate so you can always hear your guide
Know Before You Go
This tour is available daily at 1:30 PM. Visits to the palace last for an average of 2½ hours.
Your guide will accompany you during the walking tour and help you gain access to the Palace beyond which you will have your audio guide to provide commentary. You will meet up with your guide once again when you exit the palace.
Restrictions and Notices
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan.
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route so be sure to check out the attractions thoroughly as you won’t be allowed to revisit them.
- Photography and filming are allowed for private use only and only in the Palace Gardens.
- This tour is not meant for individuals with impaired movement.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive an email confirmation along with a mobile voucher shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the Duke of York Column. He/she will be wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket at the meeting point for easy recognition and holding a sign with the tour name on it.
- The Duke of York Column is easily recognizable and is a tall column with a statue on top.
- On the left of the Duke of York Column is the Royal Society, and on its right is the British Academy.
- A few meters ahead of the Column stands the Edward VII Memorial Statue.
You can reach the meeting point by bus. Catch bus no. 94 to Charles II Street (Stop U). The meeting point is a short walk from here.
Alternatively, you can reach the meeting point by Underground. Get down at the Picadilly Circus Station, the meeting point is a short walk from here.
Your tickets are only valid for the date and time selected at the time of booking.