Rome Sightseeing Pass: Vatican, Colosseum, Public Transport & Hop-On Hop-Off
Bypass the long queues with skip-the-line entry to some of the most renowned attractions in the world, the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill as well as the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. With this combo, you will get to experience the best of Rome while saving both time and money, as you embark on a fascinating double-decker bus journey around the city. With the Hop-On Hop-Off tickets, you can use the Sightseeing buses as many times as needed to visit other notable landmarks around the city. Additionally, enjoy unrestricted 24 or 48-hour access to Rome's public bus system, ATAC, giving you a chance to visit almost all corners of the city like a true native!
- Enjoy the benefits of the 48-hour ATAC Ticket and reach every nook and cranny of the city by public transport.
- Get exclusive, fast-track, skip-the-line entry to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill, which are some of the most famous attractions in Rome.
- Explore the Vatican Museums with skip-the-line entry to the famed attraction that saves you the hassle of waiting in long queues.
- Hop on and off at your leisure as many times as you’d like from open-top buses for the entire 48-hour duration of your ticket, giving you maximum flexibility as you savor the best of Rome.
- Learn about Roman wonders with a multilingual audioguide while you enjoy breathtaking, panoramic views from either the upper deck of the bus.
- Buses run at intervals of 15 minutes so you don't ever have to wait for too long!
- Free WiFi on board and a detachable roof to operate in all weather conditions for a worry-free experience!
- To further enrich your experience, take advantage of the free map of the Bus Routes, which you can view here.
Inside the Vatican Museums, there are numerous galleries housing some of the greatest works of art. The Gallery of Maps is a must-see. Consisting of 40 panels created by the legendary topographer Danti, the 120-meter long gallery consists of painted maps. The intricate detailing is exquisite, and getting a chance to see it in person is a truly unforgettable experience. The Sistine Chapel ceiling is located at the end of the museum and will take your breath away.
You will also get to visit the Colosseum. The photos and videos don’t seem to do any justice to the feeling of being transported to a time when bloody battles and roaring crowds in this massive arena were a part of Roman culture. Next up, you can visit the Roman Forum and take a walk along the Via Sacra. The road was at one point the path for victory parades after the army came back from war. Finally, you will have a chance to visit Palatine Hill, the most famous of Rome’s seven hills, and get a stunning, panoramic view of the Roman Forum complex.
You will also be given ATAC (Rome’s public transport company) tickets, which are valid for 48 hours. These tickets can be used to travel to the various parts of Rome using several forms of public transport, such as the regional railways, metro lines, bus, trams, and trolleys. Your 48-hour Hop-On Hop-Off tickets let you board and get off at any of the stops on the route as often as you like! With numerous bus stops present around town and buses departing every 10-15 minutes, you'll never have to wait too long. Conveniently explore major sightseeing attractions such as the Colosseum, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia, Circo Massimo, and The Vatican. The city is small enough for you to easily visit its most famous attractions in the course of 3-4 days, which is how long you'll be able to use both tickets for if you redeem them on different dates.
View a full map of the Bus Route and Visitor's Center here.
- Skip the line entry into the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Skip the line entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- 48 hour Hop-On Hop-Off bus ticket on City Sightseeing
- ATAC (Rome’s public transport company) Ticket valid for 48 hours
- Multilingual audio headset (8 languages)
- Sightseeing across key attractions in Rome
- Hop-On Hop-Off map of Rome
- One disability access seating per bus
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
Know Before You Go
Open from Monday to Saturday, except 1st and 6th of January, 19th of March, 2nd of April, 1st of May, 29th of June, 14th and 15th of August, 1st of November, and 8th, 25th and 26th of December.
Open from 9 AM until the last entry at 3 PM.
Open throughout the year except for 1st January, 25th December and the first Sunday of every month.
- Last Sunday of October to Last Saturday of March: Monday to Sunday – 2 PM to 3 PM
- Last Sunday of March to Last Saturday of October: Monday to Sunday – 2 PM to 6 PM
For security reasons, in case of a large influx of visitors, a timing for the entrance to the Colosseum may be assigned, but you can visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill immediately.
Buses run from 9 AM to 7:30 PM at intervals of 10-15 minutes from the three main terminals located near Termini Station:
- Terminal A: Via Marsala 7
- Terminal B: L.go di Villa Peretti, 1
- Terminal C: Piazza dei Cinquecento
The Hop-On Hop-Off buses follow one route with 9 stops:
- Stop #1: Termini Station
- Stop #2: Santa Maria Maggiore
- Stop #3: Colosseum - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #4: Circo Massimo
- Stop #5: Piazza Venezia
- Stop #6: Vatican City & Castel Sant’Angelo
- Stop #7: Fontana di Trevi (except Saturdays after 3:00 PM, Sundays and bank holidays)
- Stop #8: Via Ludovisi & Via Veneto - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #9: Piazza Barberini
Rome is a lively capital city and therefore political events, demonstrations and celebrations can disrupt the itinerary at any time, especially during special events, holidays summer and at weekends. There may be delays, reduced frequency and route alterations due to traffic congestion and road closures.
- Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not allowed in the Colosseum or the Vatican Museums. You may stow these items in the cloakroom at the Vatican Museums but there is no such service available at the Colosseum.
- The Museums fo have a strict code so please do not wear short pants, low cut tops and keep your knees and shoulders covered.
- This tour involves a fair bit of walking so we recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation with your Rome Sightseeing Pass: Vatican, Colosseum, Public Transport & Hop-On Hop-Off ticket voucher shortly. Please take a printout. Show the printout with a valid photo ID on board any of the sightseeing buses or any of the Visitors' Centers to avail your Public Transport and Hop-On Hop-Off ticket and exchange your voucher for your Colosseum and Vatican Museums tickets.
You MUST carry valid ID with you to and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
View a full map of the Bus Route and Visitor's Center here.
The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of the booking while your Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tickets are valid from 2 PM on the date selected at the time of the booking. The Hop-On Hop-Off tickets and ATAC bus tickets are valid for 48 hours.
City Sightseeing® Roma, Rome