Venice Walking Tour & St. Mark's Basilica - Skip The Line
Stroll around the streets of Venice for 3 hours with our exemplary guide escorting you through the throbbing parts of Serenissima Republic, recalling the charming past of this unique city. Along with the walking tour, experience a swift gondola ride on the Grand Canal and gain special access to St Mark's Basilica with guided commentary.
- Walk the cobbled streets of Venice and discover the charisma of the city on foot.
- Explore the city with a certified guide who will walk you through centuries of Venetian history
- Walk by the lesser known Malibran Theatre, Pantheon of Venice, Great School of Charity and the Captains of fortune
- Gain skip the line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Indulge in a 1-hour guided tour of St Mark's Basilica (Exterior & Interior)
- Grab the opportunity to visit the 3 most important museums of Saint Mark's on your own
- Avail a free optional coupon to visit the Island of Murano and witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique
Walk through the cobbled streets of Venice and discover fascinating structures blanketed in history adorning the Floating City.
Sights seen :
Basilica San Marco
Campo Santa Maria Formosa
Campo San Giovanni E Paolo
Great School of Charity
The Captains of fortune
Marco Polo's House
After the walking tour, rest your legs on a relaxing gondola ride for approximately 30 minutes and glide on the Grand Canal and other meandering canals.
Hop off the Gondola and walk towards one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world, St Mark's Basilica. Skip the line and walk into the cathedral escorted by your certified guide and explore this Byzantine masterpiece to its fullest. Delve into its deep biblical history, admire the intricate gold mosaics and marble inlays and feast your eyes on the Pala d'Oro, an exquisite example of Byzantine art studded with thousands of precious stones and gems.
After the Basilica, you can take a private boat to The Island of Murano and witness the traditional Venetian glassblowing technique. During your visit to the Murano Glass Factory, don't forget to assist a master artisan in creating a glass art. It's a once in a lifetime experience!.The trip to Murano Island happens in 2 batches through the day - 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Please note that this is a free of cost optional trip on a private boat to and fro Murano Island and is not a part of the guided tour. This optional visit could take longer than the scheduled time and that we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- Guided tour with commentary
- Skip The Line entrance to the Basilica
- Coupon free of charge for an optional trip to Murano Island and return.
Know Before You Go
This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday)
There is only one slot daily that starts at 9:00 AM
The tour does not operate: Dec 25th and Jan 1st
The approximate duration of the tour is about 2.5 hours.
St Mark's Square- Clocktower near YEX Exchange Office ( White building with blue clock facade)
Guided commentary languages
English - Every day
German - Monday & Friday
French - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Spanish - Wednesday & Saturday
Please note, your visit could be bilingual
Arriving By Public Vaporetto:
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right towards the YEX exchange building. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving By Private Watertaxi:
Get dropped at the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you get off, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right and find under the Clock Tower our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR.
Arriving By Foot:
The Clock Tower is located on Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight ahead leaving the Basilica to your right and you will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. There is no need to print the ticket. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near YEX exchange office ( white building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard reading "TOUR". Please join him/her and proceed for the tour
St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy, Venezia
- Audio-guides are distributed in case of groups over 10 people
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside St Mark's Basilica
- The St Mark's Basilica is a house of worship, hence appropriate clothing is recommended. Shorts and tank tops are strictly prohibited.
- Tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide.
- The tour is not considered private and will be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested.