Skip The Line: St. Marks Basilica with Walking Tour of Venice
Stroll around the streets of Venice for 3 hours with our exemplary guide escorting you through the throbbing parts of Serenissima Republic, recalling the charming past of this unique city. Along with the walking tour, gain special access to St. Mark's Basilica with guided commentary.
- Walk the cobbled streets of Venice and discover the charisma of the city on foot.
- Explore the city with a certified guide who will walk you through centuries of Venetian history
- Walk by the lesser known San Marco Square, Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS Giovanni E Paolo, Great School of Charity, Marco Polo's House and Malibran Theatre, Mercerie and Rialto.
- Gain skip the line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Indulge in a 1-hour guided tour of St Mark's Basilica (Exterior & Interior)
- Opportunity to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square, which is complimentary with this optional tour
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified guide
- Skip the line: Shared guided tour of the Basilica
- Visit to the Basilica's terrace and St. Mark's Museum
- Audio receiver devices included in groups over 10 people
- Coupon free of charge for an optional Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Walk through the cobbled streets of Venice and discover fascinating structures blanketed in history adorning the Floating City.
Sights seen :
Basilica San Marco | Palazzo Ducale | Bell Tower | Clock Tower | Procuratie | Campo Santa Maria Formosa | Campo San Giovanni E Paolo | Great School of Charity | The Captains of fortune | Marco Polo's House | Malibran Theater | Mercerie | Rialto Market
The walking tour will end at around 10:45 AM, after which you will head towards one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world, St. Mark's Basilica at around 12:00 PM. Skip the line and walk into the cathedral escorted by your certified guide and explore this Byzantine masterpiece to its fullest.
From Monday to Saturday, the basilica guided tour includes a visit to the Terrace, where you will find the Horses of Saint Mark. These horses are a set of Byzantine bronze statues, originally part of a monument depicting a quadriga (a four-horse carriage used for chariot racing). At St. Mark’s Museum, admire objects of various kinds and origins belonging to the Basilica. The tour begins from the ground floor, and you will get to see the gold mosaics (the Basilica has 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone!). On Sundays, feast days, and in case of unplanned religious celebrations, the tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. On festivity days, the Holy Mass takes place on the ground floor, and it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
know before you go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday.
- On Sunday, the visit will be done from the first floor of the Basilica with the visit to the terrace and the Saint mark’s Museum.
- There is only one slot daily that starts at 9:00 AM.
- The walking tour starts at 9:00 AM and the Basilica tour starts at 12:00 AM
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure.
- The tour does not operate on August 15th, November 1st, December 8th, December 25th, January 1st, January 6th, February 24th and during unplanned religious celebrations or in the case of exceptionally high tide.
- The approximate duration of the tour is about 2.5 hours.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
- You will receive your mobile voucher via email shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your tour guide in front of the St Mark's Clocktower, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy. It is also known as Torre dell'Orologio
- Landmark : Yex Change SRL , a small kiosk below the St. Mark's Clocktower
- Your guide will be waiting for you right next to this kiosk, with a signboard reading "TOUR".
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for 'Torre dell'Orologio '.
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Clock Tower across the adjacent St. Mark's Basilica. You will find the red Yex Change board here.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square and look for the Clock Tower across the adjacent Basilica. You will find the red Yex Change board here.
Arriving on Foot
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Note: Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund.
The tour reservations have strict timings. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).