Exclusive Guided Florence Duomo Tour with Priority Access to Accademia Gallery
What You Get
- Skip the Line tickets to Duomo Museum
- Explore the surreal terraces of the Florence Dome
- Skip the Line tickets to Accademia Galleria
- Small Tour group size (max.15) allowing for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience
- Expert local guides who lead the way and provided in-depth insights about the artworks
Begin your morning with a trip to the Accademia Gallery. Over here you will be able to cherish the works of Botticelli, Giotto, Michelangelo and many others. The gallery is home to the 17ft sculpture of ‘David’ by Michelangelo which is regarded as the most intricate and charming sculpture to have ever been sculpted. The gallery also houses a Museum of Musical Instruments which showcases the Grand Ducal Collection of over 50 musical instruments. Combined with modern multimedia, the museum allows you to immerse yourself into the music like the Medicis did centuries ago.
Once your tour of the museum comes to an end, it’s time to visit the Florence Baptistery. The world-famous site is an architectural marvel dedicated to Saint John. Be sure to carefully study the East Gate dubbed by Michelangelo as the ‘Gates of Paradise’. Over here you can also see baptized version of Dante Alighieri and other prominent figures from the past.
Next stop, the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo. This famous attraction houses the original Baptistery doors and the world famous sculpture - ‘Pieta’ by Michelangelo - the one created for his own tomb along with the sculpture of Mary created by Donatello. Take in the intricacies and learn the many stories behind these famous structures.
Your final stop will be inside the Duomo itself. But unlike any other experience, you’ll also get to climb to the very top. Cross the velvet ropes and wander the hidden rooms where the original statues from its facades are stored. You’ll also be able to ascend to the terrace for a close-up view of the dome and a panoramic view of the spectacular city down below. This rare sight is an absolute must-see as you can see the picture-perfect landscape from Florence to Tuscany!
- Accademia Galleria
- Florence Baptistery
- Gates of Paradise
- Duomo Museum
- Santa Maria Del Fiore
- Terraces of Florence Duomo
- Dress Code: Modest attire with completely covered knees and shoulders. This is necessary to enter the Church
- Starting Time: 8:00 am
- The Duomo is closed on Tuesday and the itinerary will be changed to visit the underground crypts of the Cathedral Santa Reparata
- Meeting Point: In Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square. Please arrive at this point by 7:45 AM.
- No food or drinks can be consumed inside the museum
- Child Ticket: Ages 4-12
- Student Ticket: Ages 13-22
- Please carry valid photo ID
- No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Piazza di San Marco, Firenze
Other experiences similar to Exclusive Guided Florence Duomo Tour with Priority Access to Accademia Gallery