Skip the Line: Empire State Building Observatory
Make your way to the Empire State Building Observatory and catch amazing 360-degree views of New York City from the 86th floor of this iconic building. A building that defined the essence of New York's architecture, the Empire State Building is one of the most recognizable buildings in the world and no true New York experience is complete without visiting this NYC icon.
- Skip the ticket queue and head straight to the security check.
- Take in panoramic views of NYC from the tallest open-air observatory and enjoy the surreal sights from the 86th Floor of the ESB.
- See the famous sights of NY all around you from this 360-degree viewpoint including the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and more.
- Peer through the high-powered binoculars for a closer look at the street level.
- With your flexible tickets, visit the ESB Observatory anytime within one year from the date of purchase.
Why Visit the Empire State Building Observatory
Your New York experience isn’t complete until you’ve witnessed the beauty of the city from the heights of the Empire State Building. Climb 1,050-ft into the sky for amazing views of the busy streets, the water bodies, and the New York skyline. You can witness the sunrise over Lady Liberty or witness a stunning sunset over Times Square. The Empire State Observatory is an iconic spot and has played host to many cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Relive these and bask in the stunning 360-degree views from the top.
Upon entering the building, you're greeted by the sight of the impressive chandelier in the lobby of the ground floor. You're then led to the uber-fast elevators that propel you to the glass-enclosed Pavilion on the 86th-floor. The 86th floor has the Empire State Observation Deck. Your total experience of the Empire State Building is inclusive of an Audio Guide available in 8 languages through the 'Empire State Building Experience' App. Enjoy the recently restored Art Deco lobby and murals, 4 educational areas that include the historical Dare to Dream and Sustainability exhibit.
The Building Lobby: This recently restored Art Deco Historic Landmark Lobby features ceiling murals which pay homage to the mechanical age, planets and stars, all rendered as an assembly line of gears in 24-karat gold and aluminum leaf. On the wall in the Fifth Avenue lobby is one of the most famous images in New York City, a depiction of the building itself with beams of light radiating from the mast.
Dare to Dream Exhibit: This exhibit chronicles the Planning and Construction of the World’s Most Famous Building and captures the building’s history, engineering, and construction, paying tribute to the pioneering work of the architects, builders, and laborers of the day. Here you’ll find original documents including period photographs, architectural sketches, construction notes, and daily bookkeeping documents.
Sustainability Exhibit: In 2009, the Empire State Building began an award-winning sustainability retrofit. Upon completion of the program, ESB will reduce total energy usage by more than 38 percent, energy costs by $4.4 million annually, and carbon emissions by 105,000 metric tons over the next 15 years! The exhibit showcases the state-of-the-art technology and processes that went into the overhaul in a fun, comprehensible way, sure to inspire visitors of all ages.
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream Exhibit
- Sustainability Exhibit
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- Audio guide (app download)
- Free WiFi in the building
Know Before You Go
The Empire State Building Observatory is open from 08:00 am to 02:00 am. Last admission is at 01:15 am. The best times to visit are immediately before or after sunset.
Keep in Mind
- Please note that all guests must pass through security to access the Observatory.
- 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk
- The Empire State Building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Children under the age of six years do not have to purchase a ticket.
- For the AM/PM Experience, the night ticket is redeemable after 9 pm.
Super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 12 hours in advance for a full refund.
This was quick and to the point however I didn’t realize making an account could have help d me save more.
Did this tour in October and it was absolutely freezing on top. Definitely recommend this tour, but take a jacket with you!
Definitely purchase the skip the line tickets. Saves SO much time and energy. Although you don't skip all the lines, you definitely skip the ticketing line which is looooong.
How To Redeem Tickets
You will receive an email with your Empire State Building Observatory voucher shortly. No need to print. You can skip the ticket line and go directly to the security line with your mobile voucher.
Your ticket is valid for one-year from your date of purchase.
Empire State Building, 350 5th Avenue, New York
Other experiences similar to Skip the Line: Empire State Building Observatory