Prado: A Royal Collection
Explore the beautiful Prado museum, which holds the status of one of the world’s best art museums for the way it captures a diverse variety of art and the influence of the Spanish empire.
With the guidance by an art historian, you can start with the private collection of the Spanish monarchs. This contains an eclectic range of works including The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hyeronimus Bosch and The Descent from the Cross by Roger van der Weyden.
You can then trace history through the masterpieces as you admire the works of the Venetian artist Titian and his representation of the Habsburg Dynasty. You will notice a fascination with Venice as you move to the work of Velasquez, a patron of King Philip IV.
You can conclude the tour at the Goya rooms and observe interesting works such as The Family of Charles IV as you understand the relations between patrons and the painters.
- Enjoy the eclectic collection of the Spanish monarch which includes The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hyeronimus Bosch and The Descent from the Cross by Roger van der Weyden
- Trace the historical development of Spain through the works of the Venetian artist Titian and his representation of the Habsburg Dynasty
- Learn about the relations between patrons and the painters at the Goya rooms with masterpieces like The Family of Charles IV
- Tour admission
- Entrance to the museum
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- Meeting point is at the Starbucks coffee shop located within the Westin Palace Hotel. The Starbucks is located on Plaza de Canovas de Castillo, just a block from the Prado. We meet just inside the doorway to the Starbucks, on the left
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Starbucks coffee shop, Westin Palace Hotel, Plaza de las Cortes, 7, Madrid