Express Guided Tour of Colosseum, Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
Experience the best of Rome with this full-day guided combo tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum. With your priority access ticket, skip the long entry lines at these popular sites and make the most of your time in this fascinating city.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Experience Rome’s top sites with this incredible all-day tour into the heart of Rome. Visit the Vatican museums and see one of the world’s most important art collections. At the Sistine Chapel, witness the mesmerizing painted ceiling and fresco of the Last Judgement by Michelangelo. In addition, see the gorgeous frescoes by Botticelli.
Next, make your way to the Colosseum. Standing 157 feet high (48 meters), only 8 meters shorter than the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and covering a total area of 6 acres (24,000 m2), this impressive architectural feat is the world’s largest amphitheater ever built. Believed to have been constructed as a gift from ancient emperors to the Roman people, this grand outdoor amphitheater once served as the epicentre for entertainment, hosting various public spectacles and games, including the infamous gladiator fights.
For more tips on how to make the most of your experience, including must-see sites at the Roman Forum, best photo op spots and much more, check out our collection page for Colosseum tours and tickets.
Kick off your exciting full-day guided tour of Rome with skip-the-line entry to the stunning Vatican museums. Witness one of the most important art collections in the world as you roam the museum’s halls and marvel at the Gallery of Tapestries and Geographical Maps. Next, head to the Sistine Chapel and admire the world famous painted ceiling.. Afterward, make your way to St. Peter’s Basilica as your guide continues to fill you with interesting stories and information about Vatican City.
The morning portion of your tour will last about 3 and half hours, giving you time to grab lunch (at your own expense) before making your way to the day’s second meeting point. Meet your Colosseum guide venture to the top Palatine Hill. Take in the incredible views as your guide tells you all about the origins of Rome. Afterward, head to the Colosseum, just a 5-minute walk from the hill. Once again, skip the long ticketing line and make your way through security and into the world’s largest amphitheater ever. Walk the arena floor and learn all about the theatre’s bloody past as your tour guide tells you tales of the ancient gladiator games.
Last but not least, walk the ancient path that Romans once used every day as you venture into the Roman Forum along the Via Sacra. Visit the temple of Vesta, Antonino and Faustina. Marvel at the Basilica Julia and Aemilia and imagine what Rome was once like thousands of years ago. Your tour wraps up here.
- Skip-the-line entry ticket to the Vatican Museums, Raphael’s Rooms, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica (replaced with the Vatican Library on Wednesdays), Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum.
- Professional guide
- Transfers from and to hotel
- Transfer from Vatican area to the Colosseum
Know Before You Go
This tour lasts approximately 7 hours.
This tour does not include transportation. You will need to sort out your own transport to the tour’s two meeting points.
Meeting point A
For the first portion of your tour, that begins at 8:30 AM, the meeting point is at Bar L’Ottagono, located at the center of Piazza del Risorgimento, next to Vatican City. You can reach via the red Metro line A to Ottaviano. The bar is a six minute walk from the station. You can also catch buses 64 and 40 (connects with Termini station, Piazza Venezia and Argentina), as well as bus 60 (connects with Republica, the Spanish Steps, Piazza Venezia and Argentina). Please look out for our staff wearing a white/pink t-shirt with an “I LOVE ROME” logo on it. Your guide will lead you from the museums, to the Sistine Chapel and then to the Basilica.
Meeting point B
For the second portion of your tour, that begins at 2:30 AM,you will need to make your own way from Vatican City to the second meeting point, at the Arch of Constantine (just a short walk from the Colosseum). The quickest way to get from Vatican City to the Arch of Constantine is by bus 64, bus 40, or metro (get on at the Cipro station and off at Colosseo). Please look out for our staff wearing a white/pink t-shirt with an “I LOVE ROME” logo on it. Your tour guide will lead you from the Palatine Hill, to the Colosseum, and lastly, to the Roman Forum, where your tour will end.
Tour meeting times
You will need to arrive at meeting point A at 8:15 AM. Your tour will begin at 8:30 AM. For the second portion of your tour, arrive at meeting point B no later than 2:15 PM. Your tour will begin promptly at 2:30 PM.
This tour lasts approximately 6 hours.
Rules and restrictions
For safety and security reasons, no large backpacks or pieces of luggage are allowed inside the Colosseum.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
The tour logistics were great. The tour guide was difficult to understand and she went too quickly. She tried to say too much about all the art and should make it more of a story
The ticket process was great, the people throughout very nice. Our morning excursion was exceptional, the guide was AMAZING. The afternoon at the Colloseum was very well organised, however the guide was very nice, but found it hard at times to translate her message from being an Italian speaker to conveying her message in English. Overall we were really pleased.
The guides are nice.
- You will receive an email with your mobile voucher. On the day of your experience, display your mobile voucher to your guides along with a valid photo ID at the two meeting points.
- Meeting Point A - For the 8:30 AM Vatican Museums tour, you will meet your tour guide at a cafe in Piazza del Risorgimento, a small square right outside the walls of the Vatican Museums and a 3 minute walk from the main entrance of the museums. The cafe, Bar - Caffetteria L’Ottagono, is on the eastern side of the piazza. At the cafe, you will meet your tour guide - look out for your guide wearing a white/pink t-shirt with an "I LOVE ROME" logo on it.
- Meeting Point B - For the 2:30 PM Colosseum tour, you will meet your tour guide at the Arch of Constantine, near the Colosseum. The meeting point is below the Arch of Constantine across Via Di San Gregorio. Please look for your tour guide wearing a pink/white t-shirt with an "I love Rome" logo on it.
- You MUST carry valid ID with you to and present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
Bar L’Ottagono at Piazza del Risorgimento, 60, Rome