Melbourne Zoo Entry Ticket
Enjoy a visit to one of the most famous attractions in Australia, Melbourne Zoo. Catch sight of seals, penguins and other creatures that live on Victoria’s coast and oceans. Learn about the conservation efforts of the critically endangered Sumatran Tiger and Orangutan, and see over 300 different species of animals and birds in the numerous exhibits around the zoo!
- Escape from the clamour and bustle of Melbourne city, as you explore the world-famous Melbourne Zoo.
- Discover more than 300 different species of animals that are present inside the zoo.
- Catch sight of Australian native animals at the Australian Bush exhibits, such as kangaroos, wombats, and koalas.
- See the king of the jungle in action at the Lion Gorge, and admire the striking elegance and grace of the majestic creature!
- Walk along the Elephant Trail, and see Asian elephants up close.
- Savour the tranquil and peaceful atmosphere of the Melbourne Zoo, and revel in the calm environment.
- Get a chance to pet the most iconic animal of Australia, and take some unforgettable pictures with the kangaroos!
- Located in the heart of the city, you can easily reach the zoo using numerous modes of transport!
What to Expect
Explore the massive Melbourne Zoo
Home to more than 5000 animals, the Royal Melbourne Zoological Gardens is located in Royal Park, about 4 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne. It is commonly referred to as “the Zoo” or “Melbourne Zoo.” Opened all the way back in 1862, it is the oldest zoo in Australia and was modelled after the London Zoo. The zoo is an escape from the commotion of the metropolis and serves as a welcome tourist attraction that is located away from the traffic. Located just 4 kilometres from the centre of the city, you can easily travel to the attraction using a variety of modes of transport. The zoo administration is also actively involved in the conservation of wildlife and rare species present in the zoo. They also educate young minds about the importance of conserving wildlife. You can learn a great deal about their efforts, perhaps even help their mission!
Discover over 300 species at the numerous exhibits inside the zoo
The Trail of the Elephants is home to eight Asian elephants, and you can see these majestic creatures up close. The Butterfly House is a walk-through exhibit in the form of a greenhouse and contains a wide variety of colourful tropical butterflies. The Orangutan Sanctuary is home to two families of orangutans, one a pure Sumatran breed, and the others a Sumatran-Bornean hybrid.
The Australian Outback section contains the unique wildlife found in the country, such as kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, emus, koalas and numerous other small varieties of birds. The Wild Sea exhibit is undoubtedly the most special of all exhibits and includes seals, baby penguins, pelicans, and fiddler rays. Underwater sounds and lighting give this exhibit a surreal feel, and it is absolutely breathtaking to see in person. You can see penguins and seals above and below the water level, and get some insight into the sea life along Victoria’s coast. The treetop apes and monkeys exhibit includes an elevated boardwalk, where you can see a variety of rare species such as the black-capped capuchins, black-handed spider monkeys, white-cheeked gibbons, and the colobus.
Do not miss this unforgettable tour through one of the top attractions of Melbourne!
- Entrance to Melbourne Zoo
- Transport to and from Melbourne Zoo
- Pickup and drop off at hotel
Know Before You Go
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Admissions for children on weekends are free.
- Admissions for infants under the age of 3 is free everyday.
- Do not feed any of the animals with human food during the safari.
- Follow the advice of the tour guide and drivers to avoid any mishaps or injury during the safari.
The Werribee Open Range Zoo is open on all days of the week from 9 AM to 5 PM..
Strict Cancellation Policy
You can cancel these tickets 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your Melbourne Zoo Entry Ticket mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this voucher on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Melbourne Zoo, Elliott Avenue, Parkville 3052 (Melways reference: 43 E1), MElbourne, Victoria, Australia
Get off at Royal Park Station on the Upfield line running from Flinders Street Station.
Take bus no. 505 to Melbourne University from Moonee Ponds. The bus will stop outside Melbourne Zoo.
Take tram 58 from William Street or tram 19 and get off exactly outside Melbourne Zoo.
The Melbourne Zoo Entry Ticket is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Melbourne Zoo, Elliott Avenue, Parkville 3052, Melbourne