Best of the MET Guided Tour
- Our carefully planned itinerary covers the perfect cross-section of the Met collection – from an ancient Egyptian Temple, to Roman frescoes, to paintings by van Gogh & Monet, to elegant Tiffany windows and more
- Includes a special visit to the Met rooftop garden for spectacular views over Central Park (May-October only, weather permitting)
- With pre-reserved tickets included in the price you won’t waste time waiting in line.
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer and expert guides keep your tour intimate and engaging.
The vastness of the Met collection is what makes it special, so we’ve carefully planned an itinerary to show you a broad spectrum of art, sculpture, jewels, artifacts and even architecture. Traveling in small groups of 15 people or fewer, with an expert guide, you’ll traverse the globe without leaving Central Park.
Our tour starts in Ancient Egypt, beholding perfectly preserved ancient Egyptian tomb models. See tiny dioramas that show what life was like in the times of Tutankhamen and learn about the fascinating burial rituals of the era. You’ll understand a little more of this at our next stop, Egyptian mummies and “William,” the Met’s “mascot.” Next, onto a prize jewel of the Met Museum, the Temple of Dendur, an Ancient Egyptian Temple right smack in the middle of Central Park.
More rumors abound at two of the next pieces we see – the armor of Britain’s infamous King Henry VIII, and the Antioch Chalice, purported by some as, ‘The Holy Grail.”
We’ll see more ancient works of Greek statuary and Roman frescoes before moving to the exotic, with a stop in Papua New Guinea. The Met houses a number of beautifully carved Bisj poles, collected by a Rockefeller – at the cost of his life. We’ll then head to the second floor to soak in some of Claude Monet’s famous Water Lillies, be energized by the expressive works of Vincent Van Gogh, and be inspired by a bronze of Rodin’s Thinker.
Our tour ends with a bang, an ascent to the rooftop garden (May–Oct only, weather permitting), to enjoy one of our favorite views of New York City. You’ll gaze across the green of Central Park, framed by the city skyline. At the conclusion of the tour, you’re welcome to linger on the rooftop and enjoy a snack or drink from the garden café, happy in the knowledge that you’ve seen the best of the Met.
- Ancient Egyptian Tomb Models
- Temple of Dendur
- Egyptian Mummies
- Tiffany Windows
- Armor of King Henry VIII
- Antioch Chalice a.k.a. ‘The Holy Grail’
- Greek and Roman Statuary
- Ancient Roman Frescoes
- Bisj Poles from Papua New Guinea
- Auguste Rodin – Select Sculptures
- Claude Monet - Water Lillies
- Vincent van Gogh - Selected Works
- Rooftop Garden (May-October only, weather permitting)
And depending on the option you pick -
- Rembrandt van Rijn - Portraits
- Johannes Vermeer - Selected Paintings
- Jacques-Louis David's Death of Socrates
- Madame X by John Singer Sargent
- Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emmanuele Leutze
- Pre-arranged Met Museum tickets, donation included
- Expert local tour guide
- Small groups of only 15 people or fewer
- Rooftop garden (*May through October only, weather permitting)
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
Your e-voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of booking. Please display a digital or printed copy of the same at boarding point.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Main Lobby, at The Statue of the Pharoah, New York
- Guests are advised to arrive 15 minutes before given departure time
- The express tour of the Met end with a special surprise - take the elevator to the top level of the museum to visit the incredible rooftop garden, not included on most tours of the Met
- Your guide will leave you here, so it’s up to you how you spend the rest of your day - Grab a glass of wine from the bar or a snack and relax at the heart of NYC, or rush off to your next engagement
- Meeting Point: Main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, at the statue of the Pharaoh, on your right upon entering.
Other experiences similar to Best of the MET Guided Tour