Guided Tour of St. Peter's Basilica
Explore the largest church in the world and discover what makes St. Peter's Basilica a Renaissance masterpiece. Enjoy a guided tour of the basilica in the company of an official Vatican guide and learn all you need to learn about the holiest of Catholic shrines.
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica with this tour and head over to the dedicated desk where you can show your voucher.
- Enjoy a fun and educational tour of the most important temple in all of Christendom with a local expert and check out stunning works of art and architecture by Bernini, Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, and more.
- Pay homage to Pope John Paul II at his tomb and learn about the iconic chair of St. Peter - presumed to have been used by St. Peter, the first Pope of Christianity.
- Entry into St. Peter's Basilica
- Specialized guide for small groups (no more than 25 people)
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy a guided tour of the largest Basilica in the world! St. Peter's Basilica is probably one of the most famous monuments in the world, with over 5 million visitors a year. For this reason, a guided tour will allow you to know the secrets and wonders of this famous attraction, the center of world spirituality. Choose the most convenient slot.
At St. Peter's Basilica, you will find a dedicated desk where you can show your voucher. Inside, check out masterpieces of Renaissance art such as Michelangelo's Pieta, the giant bronze canopy of St. Peter’s Baldachin, the Chair of St. Peter, and others. This is a cultural experience you simply cannot miss! On this guided tour, you will not only get to explore the insides of one of the greatest buildings and churches in the world but do so in the company of an official guide.
know before you go
This tour runs throughout the week in different slots on certain days. This tour is an hour long.
For Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday:
- You may choose to begin your tour at 10:30 AM or 1:30 PM.
For Wednesday and Sunday:
- You may begin your tour at 1:30 PM.
From April 1st to September 30th, an additional slot at 3.30 PM is available every Monday to Saturday.
St. Peter's Basilica is often subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. Moreover, on Wednesday mornings, it may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square.
Spanish | English | French | German | Italian |
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (between the ages of 7-17) are available at a reduced price of €22.
In order to pay your respects, you must abide by the Basilica's dress code. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
- On the day of the experience, head to the meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
- The meeting point is inside St. Peter's Basilica, where you will find a dedicated desk. Show your voucher here.