Small-Group St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
Explore the largest church in the world and discover what makes St. Peter's Basilica a Renaissance masterpiece. Enjoy a guided tour of the basilica in the company of an official Vatican guide and learn all you need to learn about the holiest of Catholic shrines.
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica with this tour and head over to the dedicated desk where you can show your voucher.
- Enjoy a fun and educational tour of the most important temple in all of Christendom with a local expert and check out stunning works of art and architecture by Bernini, Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, and more.
- Pay homage to Pope John Paul II at his tomb and learn about the iconic chair of St. Peter - presumed to have been used by St. Peter, the first Pope of Christianity.
- Entry into St. Peter's Basilica
- Specialized guide for small groups (no more than 25 people)
- Vox City Guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Enjoy a guided tour of the largest Basilica in the world! St. Peter's Basilica is probably one of the most famous monuments in the world, with over 5 million visitors a year. For this reason, a guided tour will allow you to know the secrets and wonders of this famous attraction, the center of world spirituality. Choose the most convenient slot.
At St. Peter's Basilica, you will find a dedicated desk where you can show your voucher. Inside, check out masterpieces of Renaissance art such as Michelangelo's Pieta, the giant bronze canopy of St. Peter’s Baldachin, the Chair of St. Peter, and others. This is a cultural experience you simply cannot miss! On this guided tour, you will not only get to explore the insides of one of the greatest buildings and churches in the world but do so in the company of an official guide.
Vox City Guide
VCG is an audio experience to aid your self-guided visit to the city of Rome with audio commentary and stories from local experts. Visitors will be able to enjoy and learn hundreds of points of interest, local attractions, and hidden gems, and get advice on the best photo locations and information on Wi-Fi hotspots. Advanced navigation includes public transport routes and walking tours and works offline, which means there are no roaming charges.
The code to download your VCG will be delivered directly at the Basilica welcome desk.
know before you go
Ticket Information This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- English Guided Tour
- French Guided Tour
- Italian Guided Tour
- German Guided Tour
This tour runs throughout the week in different slots on certain days. This tour is hour-long.
For Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, and Sat:
- You may choose to begin your tour at 10:30am or 1:30pm.
For Wed and Sun:
- You may begin your tour at 1:30pm.
From April 1st to September 30th, an additional slot at 3.30pm is available from Mon to Sat.
St. Peter's Basilica is often subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. Moreover, on Wednesday mornings, it may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square.
Children aged 7-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
In order to pay your respects, you must abide by the Basilica's dress code. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid delays.
- The meeting point is inside St. Peter's Basilica, where you will find a dedicated desk. Show your voucher here.
- Address: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City.
- By Metro: Nearest station is Ottaviano, which is 8-10 minutes walk from the meeting point. Line A (Orange line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It connects the northeast to the south of Rome, from Rebibbia to Laurentina.
- By Light Rail: Get off at the Risorgimento - San Pietro stop. The meeting point is a 7 minute walk from the station.
- By Bus: Get off at the Risorgimento station. The meeting point is a 5-minute walk from the stop.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.