Small-Group St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
Explore the largest church in the world and discover what makes St. Peter's Basilica a Renaissance masterpiece. Enjoy a guided tour of the basilica in the company of an official Vatican guide and learn all you need to learn about the holiest of Catholic shrines.
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica with this tour and head over to the dedicated desk where you can show your voucher.
- Enjoy a fun and educational tour of the most important temple in all of Christendom with a local expert and check out stunning works of art and architecture by Bernini, Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, and more.
- Pay homage to Pope John Paul II at his tomb and learn about the iconic chair of St. Peter - presumed to have been used by St. Peter, the first Pope of Christianity.
- Entry into St. Peter's Basilica
- Specialized guide for small groups (no more than 25 people)
- Vox City Guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Enjoy a guided tour of the largest Basilica in the world! St. Peter's Basilica is probably one of the most famous monuments in the world, with over 5 million visitors a year. For this reason, a guided tour will allow you to know the secrets and wonders of this famous attraction, the center of world spirituality. Choose the most convenient slot.
At St. Peter's Basilica, you will find a dedicated desk where you can show your voucher. Inside, check out masterpieces of Renaissance art such as Michelangelo's Pieta, the giant bronze canopy of St. Peter’s Baldachin, the Chair of St. Peter, and others. This is a cultural experience you simply cannot miss! On this guided tour, you will not only get to explore the insides of one of the greatest buildings and churches in the world but do so in the company of an official guide.
Vox City Guide
VCG is an audio experience to aid your self-guided visit to the city of Rome with audio commentary and stories from local experts. Visitors will be able to enjoy and learn hundreds of points of interest, local attractions, and hidden gems, and get advice on the best photo locations and information on Wi-Fi hotspots. Advanced navigation includes public transport routes and walking tours and works offline, which means there are no roaming charges.
The code to download your VCG will be delivered directly at the Basilica welcome desk.
know before you go
know before you go
- Pro Tip: The best time to visit St. Peter's Basilica is during the morning or Wed afternoon to avoid long queues.
- Expect a considerable wait time as you queue for the security checks. It could take up to an hour during the peak season.
- In order to pay your respects, you must abide by the Basilica's dress code. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Mon to Sat: 10:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:30pm
- Sun: 1:30pm
St. Peter's Basilica is often subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. Moreover, on Wed mornings, it may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please reach 30 minutes before your selected time slot.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- The meeting point is Basilica Atrium, at the Welcome Desk just in front of the Holy Door.
- Address: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City.
- By Metro: Nearest station is Ottaviano, which is 8-10 minutes walk from the meeting point. Line A (Orange line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It connects the northeast to the south of Rome, from Rebibbia to Laurentina.
- By Light Rail: Get off at the Risorgimento - San Pietro stop. The meeting point is a 7 minute walk from the station.
- By Bus: Get off at the Risorgimento station. The meeting point is a 5-minute walk from the stop.