St. Marks Basilica Skip The Line Guided Tour
Skip the line and head into the most visited site in Venice, St Mark's Basilica renowned for its Byzantine art and rich biblical importance. Also, get a free optional coupon for a visit to a Glass Factory near St. Mark’s square where you will see a glass craftsman at work.
- Visit the crown jewel of Venice, St Mark's Basilica, with hassle-free skip the line access, saving your time and energy.
- Walk the length of this Basilica with a dedicated bilingual tour guide narrating interesting legends and detailing its the rich history.
- View masterpieces of Byzantine art during your tour and gain seamless access to the Treasury.
- Avail a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square.
- Skip the Line entrance to the Basilica.
- Visit to the Basilica's terrace and St. Mark's Museum.
- Shared guided tour with commentary.
- Audio guide (in case the tour group exceeds 10 participants).
- Coupon free of charge for an optional Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy Skip The Line Access to The Basilica, and The Treasury
St Mark’s Basilica is one of the most visited sites in Venice and our guided tour of this majestic cathedral will be nothing short of exhilarating. Indulge in the seamless synthesis of Venetian art with unique Byzantine and Romanesque elements in the form of gleaming golden mosaics, marble inlays, and precious pearls and stones.
From Monday to Saturday, the basilica guided tour includes a visit to the Terrace, where you will find the Horses of Saint Mark. Dating back to classical antiquity, these horses, also known as the Triumphal Quadriga, are a set of Byzantine bronze statues, originally part of a monument depicting a quadriga (a four-horse carriage used for chariot racing). At St. Mark’s Museum, you can admire objects of various kinds and origins belonging to the Basilica. The tour begins from the ground floor, and you will get to see the gold mosaics (the Basilica has 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone!). On Sundays, feast days, and in case of unplanned religious celebrations, the tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. On festivity days, the Holy Mass takes place on the ground floor, and it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
Witness an Optional Glassblowing Demonstration
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
This best-selling tour is perfect for Venice first-timers, as it not only allows you to witness the Basilica's grandeur but also lets you dive into its history and significance.
know before you go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
This tour takes place at 12:00 PM from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday). Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- English, German, Spanish, Italian and French tours are available every day.
- The visit is monolingual.
- On Sunday, the visit will be done from the first floor of the Basilica with the visit to the terrace and the Saint mark’s Museum.
- August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th
- January 1st, 6th
- February 24th
- April 18th, 25th
During unplanned religious celebrations or in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower. The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your tour guide in front of the St Mark's Clocktower, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy. It is also known as Torre dell'Orologio
- Landmark : Yex Change SRL , a small kiosk below the St. Mark's Clocktower
- Your guide will be waiting for you right next to this kiosk, with a signboard reading "TOUR".
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - 'Torre dell'Orologio '.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
Note: Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund.
The tour reservations have strict timings. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).