St. Mark's Basilica Guided Tour
Head into the most visited site in Venice, St Mark's Basilica renowned for its Byzantine art and rich biblical importance.
- Visit the crown jewel of Venice, St Mark's Basilica, one of the most visited sites in Venice!
- Walk the length of this Basilica with a dedicated bilingual tour guide narrating interesting legends and detailing its rich history.
- View masterpieces of Byzantine art during your tour and gain seamless access to the Treasury.
- Entrance to the Basilica.
- Visit to the Basilica's terrace and St. Mark's Museum.
- Shared guided tour with commentary.
- Audio guide (in case the tour group exceeds 10 participants).
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
This guided tour of St Mark's Basilica will be nothing short of exhilarating. Indulge in the seamless synthesis of Venetian art with unique Byzantine and Romanesque elements in the form of gleaming golden mosaics, marble inlays, and precious pearls and stones.
From Monday to Saturday, the basilica guided tour includes a visit to the Terrace, where you will find the Horses of Saint Mark. Dating back to classical antiquity, these horses, also known as the Triumphal Quadriga, are a set of Byzantine bronze statues, originally part of a monument depicting a quadriga (a four-horse carriage used for chariot racing). At St. Mark’s Museum, you can admire objects of various kinds and origins belonging to the Basilica. The tour begins from the ground floor, and you will get to see the gold mosaics (the Basilica has 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone!). On Sundays, feast days, and in case of unplanned religious celebrations, the tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. On festivity days, the Holy Mass takes place on the ground floor, and it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
know before you go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- Due to security reasons, you cannot enter the Basilica with luggage or big bags.
This tour takes place at 12:00 PM from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday). Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- English, German, Spanish, Italian, and French tours are available every day.
- The visit is monolingual.
- On Sunday, the visit will be done from the first floor of the Basilica with the visit to the terrace and the Saint mark’s Museum.
- August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th
- January 1st, 6th
- February 24th
- April 18th, 25th
During unplanned religious celebrations or in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Address: Calle Larga de l'Ascension, St. Mark’s Square, 30100 Venice, 145.
- Meet your tour guide at the brown wooden news stand.
- They will have a yellow sign with "MEETING POINT" written on it.
- The nearest ferry terminal is Giglio, a 10-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Catch ferry #1 and A to get there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.