Venice In A Day with Doge Palace and St. Marks Basilica Guided Tour
Walk the streets of Venice with a certified guide and experience the charm of this city masked under its umpteen churches, museums, meandering canals, and ancient gothic buildings. Gain priority access to 2 prime attractions in Venice - St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace along with guided commentary.
- Explore the charm of the floating city on foot with a certified guide narrating gripping commentary about everything you walk by, on a walking tour of Venice.
- Waltz into the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica with your priority access tickets, allowing you to skip the infamous queues.
- Enjoy a guided tour in the language of your choice with an exemplary guide narrating interesting facts, important fragments of history, and gripping tales.
- You can even add in a typically Venetian gondola ride, if you choose an English tour.
- Benefit from a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square.
- 1-hour shared walking tour.
- 1-hour shared guided tour of the Golden Basilica.
- 1-hour shared guided tour of Doge's Palace.
- Gondola ride (optional)
- Audio-guide devices are included in groups of 10+ people.
- The ticket is valid to visit places around St. Mark’s Square by yourself without a guide (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Complimentary Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
You can cancel these tickets up to 72 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Traverse the Lengths of the Floating City on an Immersive Guided Walking Tour
Discover the essence of Venice, by walking the streets of Serenissima Republic with our experienced guide. Quench your thirst to know everything about the city while walking through the Piazza San Marco bestrewed with monuments like Basilica San Marco, Bell Tower, Clock Tower, and Procuratie. While you're here, admire the Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity, Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area Mercerie where you can shop but not until you drop as you have a lot more to see!
Plunge Into the Political History of Venice at the Doge's Palace
Skip the line and walk into the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) and immerse yourself in the political history of Venice while you're here. Live it together with your guide who will show you the halls of power, and tell your stories that have rarely left the walls of the palace. Admire the Renaissance painting adorning the palace and relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting the Venetian lover, Casanova.
Explore the Opulent St. Mark's Basilica
Jump the queue again and follow your tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of Italy's most majestic cathedrals. Walk on delicate marble floors and gold mosaics while viewing masterpieces of Byzantine art and learning about the biblical importance of this monument. After the Basilica, the guide will leave you to explore other buildings of importance around St. Mark’s Square. You can walk around and discover the Venetian way of life from their paintings, libraries, coinages and sculptures. Some of the building you can't afford to miss are the Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Enjoy Added Benefits Like Museum Access and a Glassblowing Demonstration
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day. This ticket also gives you access to a few other places of importance (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) around St Mark’s Square which you can set out to explore on your own. Note: All Museums restrict entry one hour before closing time.
If you only have a short period of time to see the absolute best that Venice has to offer, this tour is the perfect way to maximize your time and experience the wonders of the city in the company of an expert local guide and priority access to Venice's most iconic attractions.
know before you go
know before you go
Your ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English Tour
- English Tour with Gondola Ride
- Spanish Tour
- German Tour
- French Tour
- Italian Tour
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday.
- On Sunday, the visit will be done from the first floor of the Basilica with the visit to the terrace and the Saint mark’s Museum.
- The tour begins at 9am and goes on for approximately 3.5 hours. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- This tour will not be operational on 8 Dec, 25 Dec, 1 Jan, or 6 Jan, during religious celebrations and in the case of high tide.
The Basilica is a place of worship, hence, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly/shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays. Bring a valid photo ID proof for verification.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.