If historical secrets keep you up at night, join the guided tour of Quinta Da Regaleira and discover how it earned its position as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- On this guided tour, stroll around the dreamy landscape of Sintra and witness some of history’s best-kept secrets, which are otherwise inaccessible to the common public.
- Step into the world of royalty and get to observe some of the world’s most impressive architectural wonders, including Sintra’s iconic palaces.
- Learn about the myths and legends associated with these palaces and the conspiracies that were hatched deep within them.
- Dive deep into the secrets of the Templar Freemasons and the poets who were inspired by their legendary adventures.
- Wander through the lush green garden compounds, adorned with lakes, grottoes, and enigmatic constructions, specifically the Initiation Wells.
- Entry to Quinta da Regaleira
- English, Spanish, or Portuguese guided tour
- Audio guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
If you are a history enthusiast, the Quinta Da Regaleira Guided Tour is the perfect half-day adventure for you. Wander into the world of ancient royalty, explore the iconic palaces of Sintra, and learn about the stories, myths, and legends associated with this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Designed by Luigi Manini, Quinta Da Regaleira is also locally known as the ‘The Palace of Monteiro Millionaire.’ It earned this name on account of its famous owner António Augusto Carvalho Monteiro. Your expert local tour guides will introduce you to the location with detailed descriptions of Sintra's history, legends as well as the rulers who once ruled these lands.
Following this, take a walking tour of the iconic palaces of Sintra while also hearing narratives about the Templar Freemasons, their activities and secrets, and the poets who were inspired by them. You will also get to explore the elegant and impressive Quinta da Regaleira and listen to the tales associated with the Gothic 19th-century architectural masterpiece, which was built bearing in mind the principles of alchemy, making it one of the most advanced relics of the past.
The tour also extends to the lush green gardens and lakes situated around the compounds of the palaces, adorned with mighty statues and grottoes and the famous Initiation Wells.
know before you go
know before you go
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and carry a windbreaker.
- Guided tour is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
English & Portuguese Guided Tour
- Daily: 11am & 4pm
Spanish Guided Tour
- Daily: 11am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the entrance of Quinta da Regaleira.
- Address: R. Barbosa du Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra, Portugal.
- Landmark: Nearby Café da Regaleira.
- Your guide will be holding a small red flag.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Largo Ferreira Castro. It is a quick 8-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 434 to get you there.