Puffing Billy Railway Tickets
Admire scenic views of forests, fern gullies, and farmlands as you take the Puffing Billy Railway from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook!
- Experience traveling in Australia's finest preserved steam railways
- Watch as guards wave at you, and listen to the tinkling of the bells as trains arrive at each station
- Catch sight of the Sherbrooke Forest and the famous Trestle Bridge, on the way to Lakeside station
- Spend some time exploring the walking trails here or enjoy a picnic.
- Upgrade your ticket to head to Gembrook Station and enjoy the picturesque wildlife around Wright Forest before traveling back to Belgrave
- Round-trip ticket from Belgrave to Lakeside or Gembrook
- All taxes
- Personal consumption and any expenses not mentioned above
- Insurance (it is recommended to purchase relevant insurance by yourself)
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Dating back to 1899, the Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's finest preserved steam railway. It's also the best way to take a break from the hectic city life of Melbourne and set off on a journey down the times of yore! This experience is made all the more authentic thanks to the guards waving at you as the train departs each station, and the sound of the bells that mark the arrival and departure of trains. Adding to this charming experience is the fact that you get to see stunning landscape views around you as you travel through the Australian countryside, past rolling hills, forests, and farmlands.
Lakeside and Gembrook Station
See everything from the southern reaches of the Sherbrooke Forest (famous for its native 'Mountain Ash' trees, and the tallest flowering plant in the world!) to Puffing Billy's most famous landmark - the iconic Trestle Bridge. After an hour's journey, you will reach Lakeside station, located at the beautiful Emerald Lake Park. Home to Lake Treganowan, Lake Nobelius, gardens, and open eucalypt forests, it is best known for its many walking trails, paddle boats, picnic tables, shelters, and two playgrounds! Upgrade your ticket to head to the Gembrook through Wright Forest. The landscape will change to rolling hills and farmland, letting you take in the quaint beauty of your surroundings. Head back to Belgrave with beautiful photographs and a ton of memories!
- Please note all booking requests are subject to availability & not instantly confirmed.
- Please bear in mind Puffing Billy has limited departures and capacity and cannot always meet your preferred departure time. Kindly 24 - 48 hours for processing and confirmation of your booking.
- After confirmation, display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket counter.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Puffing Billy Railway.
- Address: 1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
By Train: Take the Belgrave line from Melbourne CBD to Belgrave station, which is an approximately 70 minutes long journey. From the platform, follow the blue line to reach Puffing Billy's Belgrave station.
Please note all booking requests are subject to availability & not instantly confirmed. Please bear in mind Puffing Billy has limited departures and capacity and cannot always meet your preferred departure time. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for processing and confirmation of your booking.