Mount Vesuvius Climb with Guide & Transport from Pompeii
An unforgettable adventure awaits as you climb one of the world's most famous volcanoes along with an expert guide.
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to explore the most famous volcano in the world.
- Listen to interesting tales from your guide as you travel to Vesuvius in an elegant minivan.
- See the world's oldest volcanological monitoring center on your way to the destination.
- Admire stunning views of the Gulf of Naples and Capri as you climb to the top of Vesuvius.
- Gaze right into the gaping volcano crater as you learn about its volatile history.
- Skip-the-line tickets to Vesuvius
- Transport by modern minivan from Pompeii to Vesuvius and back
- Professional, English-speaking driver and guide
- Small group (up to 8 people per vehicle)
- Pick up at accommodation
- Meals and personal expenses
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Meet your driver-guide at the entrance to the Pompeii excavations and board an elegant minivan to Vesuvius. As you travel on the roads that ascend the slopes, you'll pass the Vesuvian Observatory. Your guide will fill you in on interesting tales of the sights you see on the way. As you reach Vesuvius, you can skip the line and can immediately begin walking up to the crater. When you pause to take a breath, you may find it stolen again by the gorgeous views of the Gulf of Naples and Capri. Unlike most volcanoes, Mount Vesuvius directly looms over cities and human life, offering an impressive view of the surroundings.
Your Mount Vesuvius tour takes you on a remarkable adventure through the unspoiled scenery of the national park. Once you reach the top, you gaze into the vast chasm from the crater's rim. It's a photographer's dream to be here if you're a hobbyist or professional photographer. Few places in the world contain so much natural beauty and evidence of ancient civilizations in such a small area. Enjoy the tour that checks every box from an expert guide and comfortable transportation from Pompeii and back to skip-the-line tickets and breathtaking views.
know before you go
- It is mandatory to wear your own personal mask for the whole duration of the tour. If you don't have one, it will be provided to you.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users, guests with limited mobility.
Please make sure that you are dressed comfortably. Closed shoes are essential, no flip-flops.
Daily at 10:30am and 2:30pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- Meet your driver-guide outside Pompeii ruins main entrance gate called Porta Marina Superiore.
- Note: Pompeii has 3 different entrances, please go to the one mentioned above.
- Address: Porta Marina Superiore, via villa dei Misteri, 80045, Pompei NA, Italy.
- Landmark: Just in front of the bar-restaurant "HORTUS" - the one with a lot of citrus trees outside.
- Please look for the sign "ASKOS TOURS" written on top.
- At the meeting point, there is a safe LUGGAGE STORE for free.
- The closest train station is Pompei Scavi Villa Dei Misteri, a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Line 1 will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.