Visit the majestic Palazzo Merulana, the former Health Department building that is now a branch of the National Roman Museum! The museum boasts of an excellent modern and contemporary art collection, mainly built on the works of artists from Rome and Italy in the first half of the 20th Century.
- Explore the contemporary art world of Rome at one of the four sites of the National Roman Museum, Palazzo Merulana
- Make your way through the collections housed in the former health department building, with works by Giacomo Balla, Mario Sironi, Giorgio De Chirico and more on display
- Check out the renowned 19th and 20th-century art collections at the museum, with a focus on the contemporary
- Entry ticket into Palazzo Merulana
strict cancellation policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled
The Palazzo Merulana, a former Health Department building, was converted to a museum to house ninety works of the Roman school and the Italian twentieth century, with a focus towards the contemporary. Here you can see masterpieces by Giacomo Balla, Mario Sironi, Giorgio De Chirico, Antonio Donghi, Mario Mafai, Antonietta Raphaël and Giuseppe Capogrossi.
Within the collection, a privileged part is reserved to the Roman School Art (the first nucleus of works collected, around which the rest of the collection has been formed), that depict the Italian scenario of that period with a peculiar vivacity and variety of expressions, constituting perhaps the most solid and experimental nucleus of that age. The Cerasi spouses were aware of the constant dialogue operating between the artists at that time, so they enriched the initial core of the collection with a series of works from other Italian scenarios of the same period, even if they were still guided by their personal taste. In this way, they created a homogeneous collection in which masterpieces from other schools and currents emerge. This museum is a treat for art lovers and fans of modern art of all ages, who can glimpse into the recent past of the art world with a visit here.
know before you go
Wed - Mon: 10:00 AM- 8:00 PM. Last admission is at 7 PM
This experience is wheelchair accessible
Ages 7yrs and below go free. Ages 8-27 enjoy reduced prices.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Your meeting point is at the attraction itself- Palazzo Merulana (Via Merulana, 121, 00185 Roma RM, Italy)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Palazzo Merulana
Nearest bus stop is Merulana/Labicana, a 1-minute walk to the attraction
Buses 16, 75, 714 stop here
Nearest metro station is Manzoni, which is a 5-minute walk to the attraction
Metro line MEA stops here