Eataly: Il Secondo Piatto
- Admission tickets
- Local fees and taxes
- Explore 3 traditional second-course dishes from Italy
- Learn how to structure the remainder of a classic Italian meal
- Learn new cooking techniques and preparations
- Step-by-step demonstration of 3 dishes by the resident chef
- Learn more about wines and wine pairings
- Enjoy all 3 dishes paired with the selected wines
- Take home menus and adapted recipes
Know Your Experience
A typical Italian menu is divided into 5 parts. These are: * Antipasto (Appetizer) * Primo (First Course) * Secondo (Main Course) * Contorno (Side Dish) * Dolce (Dessert)
Not every meal in the day requires the presence of all courses. However, to eat the Italian way means to follow the progression of courses.
This structure of a proper Italian meal has been crafted to create a subtle and perfect mixture of tastes and texture. This method also introduces pauses into the meal, which means that diners have time to rest their palates and socialize.
This particular class will focus on il secondo piatto, the second course, which typically consists of a protein.
- Parmigiana di Melanzana (Eggplant Parmesan)
- Pesce Spada con Patate & Olive (Swordfish with Roasted Potatoes & Olives)
- Stinco di Maiale (Roasted Pork Loin)
You will get an email confirmation within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone at the time of pick-up with a valid photo ID