Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
Explore the most popular sights at Salzburg on an unforgettable day trip. Visit the original filming locations of the movie The Sound of Music and walk in the footsteps of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Enjoy a picturesque bus ride through the beautiful landscape of Salzkammergut.
- Stop for Instagram-worthy pictures at Lake Wolfgangsee.
- See Salzburg's most popular sights on a guided walking tour.
- Visit some film locations of the movie The Sound of Music.
- Hotel pick-up from selected hotels
- Bus trip from Vienna to Salzburg in modern coach
- Guided city walk of Salzburg
- Expert tour guide (English or Spanish)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Sit back and unwind on a comfortable bus on a relaxing drive to Salzburg. As you peer out the window, you will come across endless landscapes of greenery of the beautiful countryside of Salzkammergut. The majestic range of mountains and clear lakes are truly a treat for the eyes. Any fans of “The Sound of Music” will recognize the landscape from the opening scenes of the movie.
Walking tour of Salzburg
Once you reach Salzburg, your tour guide will be ready to take you on a guided walking tour of its most popular tourist sights. The first stop is the stunning Mirabell Palace where you might recognize a few famous locations from the movie The Sound of Music. In the garden of the palace you will spot the place where Maria and the children sang “Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So.” Marvel at the fountains and the steps as you reimagine scenes from the movie. Next, you will notice the horse pond where Baron Trapp sang the iconic Edelweiß song as he bid farewell to Maria.
One of the major highlights of the city tour of Salzburg is Getreidegasse. This is the street that houses the birthplace of the legend Mozart. With iconic designs from the 18th century, the street is a delightful stop on your tour.
Other popular attractions that you will visit include the University Church, the Salzburg Cathedral, the Festival Hall, and St. Peter’s Abbey.
Towards the evening, you will have some time to explore the city on your own where you can eat, shop, or simply admire the city’s sights and sounds. The estimated time of arrival back in Vienna is around 8pm.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- English Guided Tour
- Spanish Guided Tour
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Summer 2021 (Sep 9 2021- Nov 1 2021) - Tue, Sat, and Sat at 7:15am
- Winter 2021 (Nov 2 2021 - Mar 31 2022) - Sat at 7:15am
- Summer 2022 (Apr 1 2022- Nov 1 2022) - Tue, Sat, and Sun at 7:15am
- The departure from Salzburg will be at 4pm, so make sure that you arrive on time.
- Make sure to carry a passport with you.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
Children aged 2-12 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs from selected hotels.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, the meeting point is Vienna State Opera/Staatsoper (Opernring 2, 1010 Wien).
- By bus: Take bus #2A to Kärntner Straße station which is right in front of the meeting point.
- By tram: Take trams #1, #2, #71, D, or U2Z to the Oper, Karlsplatz U station. From there, it is a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- By metro: Take line U1 or U4 to the Karlsplatz subway station. From there, it is a 2-min walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.