From Granada: Guadix & Tabernas Desert Full-Day Tour with Transfers
Take the road less traveled and visit beautiful remote places north of Granada! Marvel at the Calahorra Castle and enjoy its breathtaking views, learn about the history of Western Spaghetti films shot in the Tabernas Desert and enjoy a gourmet experience for lunch.
- Discover the beauty of remote and less touristy places north of Granada
- Visit the imposing Calahorra Castle and soak in breathtaking views of the town from here
- Learn about the history of Spaghetti Western films in the Tabernas Desert through an expert guide
- Treat yourself to delicious local flavors for lunch and enjoy convenient hotel transfers
- Expert English or Spanish-speaking local guide in Guadix and Tropolis
- Single-use headphones
- Round-trip hotel transfers
- Additional gratuities (optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 12h before the schedule
After a convenient pick-up from your hotel in central Granada, drive away into the surrounding landscape and appreciate the natural beauty north of the city, near the foothills of Sierra Nevada mountains. Your first stop is at Guadix, known for its Troglodyte past and its cave houses, many of which are still occupied by locals. Amble along the main streets of the city center and marvel at the stunning Cathedral of the Incarnation built in a mix of Gothic and Spanish Renaissance style over the site of a former mosque.
Continue onwards to the cave district and Tropolis, a museum located in an original cave. Here, the rural life of Guadix is presented through 5 main elements: bread, cheese, wine, craftwork and its troglodyte past. Spend some time at the museum before heading off to take in the scenery and capture shots of the picturesque Calahorra Castle, located on a hill above the town of the same name. It is one of the first Italian Renaissance castles outside Italy built on the site of a former fortification.
Finally, explore the Tabernas Desert at your own pace. Admire the landscape of arid slopes and the location chosen by Hollywood directors of the 60s and 70s who created Spaghetti Western films. Find out where the exact locations where Lawrence of Arabia, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, A Fistful of Dollars, and many other cult classics were filmed. Later, feast on an exquisite local lunch and enjoy an hour of free time to have a coffee or a stroll before returning to Granada.
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- The itinerary is subject to change in case of unforeseeable circumstances
- In order to best facilitate all participants, it is possible that the tour may be conducted in two different languages
- A moderate level of fitness is required to participate in this tour
- Wear light clothing. Carry sunscreen, a hat and a bottle of water, especially in the summers
- The tour runs every Friday and Saturday
25 Dec and 1 Jan
Toddlers aged 3yrs and below, children aged 4-11yrs and seniors aged 65yrs and above enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- During checkout, let us know the exact location of your hotel as well as your contact details
- Pickup takes place between 8 AM and 8:30 AM in Granada city center and from selected hotels
- Kindly ensure that you arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time to avoid any delays
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout