Madrid’s Prado Museum and El Retiro Park Guided Tour
Explore the Prado Museum in the company of an expert guide with your skip the line tickets and head straight to the museum entrance. You will also get the chance to explore the magnificent El Retiro Park, one of the world’s most famous parks and one of Madrid’s top attractions.
- Enjoy Skip the Line entry to the Prado Museum, bypass the long queues and head straight into the museum with your local expert who will usher you into the world of artistic expression.
- Learn about the eclectic collection of the Spanish monarch which includes The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hyeronimus Bosch and The Descent from the Cross by Roger van der Weyden.
- Wander into the rich flora and fauna of the El Retiro Park, home to 19000 trees from 167 different species, a lake and a wide variety of different sculptures and notable buildings.
- Skip-the-line entry to Prado Museum
- Licensed tour guide (English or Spanish)
- Walking tour of El Retiro
- Gratuities (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
This tour of the Prado Museum will show you the best highlights of the museum. Your guided tour of the Prado Museum begins at the designated meeting point where you will meet your licensed guide. Your tour guide will then lead you past the long ticket lines, through a brief security check, and then into the museum. In the company of a guide, you will breeze through the galleries as your guide shows you the classics, giving you all the information you'll need to make this visit memorable. Some of the popular works of art include "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Hyeronimus Bosch, "The Descent from the Cross" by Roger van der Weyden, "Las Meninas" by Diego Velazquez, Goya's "Maja" series, "Emperor Carlos V on Horseback" by Titian, "David Victorious over Goliath" by Caravaggio and many more.
You will then make your way to the magnificent El Retiro, one of the world’s most famous parks and one of Madrid’s top attractions. Its rich flora and fauna make it quite a marvelous sight that deserves a visit. Although the park is massive, you will still get to see all of El Retiro´s jewels and hidden gems on this tour. Your guide will lead you on a route through the best-known sites of El Retiro such as the Crystal Palace, the Gate of Philip IV, and the Royal Observatory, as well as to a few places that don’t feature in all the guidebooks. Your tour shall end at the park giving you the opportunity to relax at the park for the rest of the day if you choose to.
know before you go
know before you go
This tour is available in English or Spanish.
- Mar 1 onwards: the tour starts at 10am for both language tours.
The start of the visit to Retiro Park is at 10am, in Puerta de la Independencia of Retiro Park, in Plaza de la Independencia.
For the visit to Prado Museum, below timings will be followed:
- English: At 4:15pm at the statue of Goya on Felipe IV street, next to the Prado Museum.
- Spanish: At 12:45h at the statue of Goya in Felipe IV street, next to the Prado Museum.
Thus, for the English option, the tour will start at 10:15am and end at 6:15pm, where guests can enjoy free time between the two visits to have lunch or see the city. For the Spanish option, the tour will start at 10:15am and end at 2:45pm.
The tour does not operate on the 1st of January, 1st of May, and 25th of December.
We highly recommend wearing comfortable footwear.
You will receive your Prado Museum and El Retiro Park Guided Tour vouchers instantly. Please download and display your voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.