A Christmas Carol - A Ghost Story
Prepare to be frightened and enchanted in equal doses as you step into the supernatural Victorian world of A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story!
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded.
why watch a christmas carol - a ghost story
Is it even Christmas if you don't watch a play that depicts Dickens' yuletide story of restless ghosts and Christian goodwill? Mark Gatiss, the acclaimed actor, and writer, leads an ensemble cast in his own retelling of the classic holiday tale. In his adaptation, this heartwarming tale turns into something eerie and sinister, amplified by spine-tingling special effects. If you're brave enough to go on this thrilling adventure, book your tickets now - the limited 6-week run is bound to sell out quickly!
The story follows the grumpy miser Ebenezer Scrooge's experience on one cold Christmas Eve, where he has an unexpected visit from the spirit of his former business partner Jacob Marley. Punished for a lifetime of greed and shackled in chains, the ghost tries to convince Scrooge to change his miserly ways so he can escape the same fate. Except, he'll have to have three more eerie encounters first...
Christmas Classics Fans | Thrills | Superb Special Effects
"Gatiss’s delayed rework amps up the ghostly effects while drawing out the overlooked dark comedy in the classic tale." - The Guardian
"Mark Gatiss adaptation of the Dickens’ classic for Nottingham Playhouse features remarkable debuts from Zak Ford-Williams and Aoife Gaston." - The Stage
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
Once you arrive at the theatre, everyone in your booking over the age of 12 must show either PROOF OF A NEGATIVE LATERAL FLOW TEST taken on the day of your visit or evidence of natural immunity via a positive PCR test from within the past 11–90 days of a positive result. Within The Old Vic, including in the auditorium, face coverings must be worn at all times unless you are exempt.
Duration: To be confirmed
Audience: To be confirmed
No. of Shows a Week: ~9
Opening Date: 26 Nov 2021
Closing Date: 9 Jan 2022
Theatre Name: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Seating Capacity: 10,400
Theatre Facilities: Cloakroom, accessible toilets and parking, baby-changing facilities
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast & Crew
Mark Gatiss as Jacob Marley
Nicholas Farrell as Scrooge
James Backway as Fred
Angelina Chudi as Caroline
Jo Eaton-Kent as the Ghost of Christmas Past
Zak Ford-Williams as Tiny Tim
Aoife Gaston as Belle
Christopher Godwin as the Narrator
Edward Harrison as Bob Cratchit
Sarah Ridgewayn as Mrs. Cratchit
Joe Shire as the Ghost of Christmas Present
- In order to gain entry to the event spaces at Alexandra Palace all visitors must be able to demonstrate their COVID-19 status by showing one of the following:
- A valid NHS COVID Pass demonstrating you are fully vaccinated (double vaccination with the second jab at least 14 days prior to the event), or have recorded a negative NHS lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours, or are considered to have natural immunity after a positive PCR test within 180 days of the event (including 10 days self-isolation following the result) An NHS text or email confirming a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken within 48 hours of the event Checks will be taking place and anyone who is not able to demonstrate their COVID-19 status may be denied entry.
- If you are aged between 11 and 18 years old, you will need to evidence a negative Lateral Flow Test result with an NHS email or text message, taken within 48 hours of the event.
- For visitors from overseas, the theatre will accept the NHS Covid Pass equivalent from your country of origin.
- Keep in mind, the theater is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly. Bring along a light jacket if needed.
You will get an e-mail confirmation with your A Christmas Carol - A Ghost Story voucher. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.