Priority Admission to the Jewish Cultural Quarter in Amsterdam
Explore the locations that comprise the Jewish Cultural Quarter with a single ticket, including the Jewish Historical Museum, the stately Portuguese Synagogues, and JHM Children’s Museum.
- Enjoy priority admission to explore the streets of Amsterdam's Jewish Cultural Quarter.
- Learn all about the rich Jewish history and culture from an audio tour available in 7 languages.
- Enjoy access to the ongoing exhibitions at the quarter.
- Admire the stunning synagogues, bulidings, and memorials dotted across the old quarter.
- Get a glimpse of Jewish life in Netherlands at the Jewish Historical Museum, which is housed in four synagogues.
- Admire the 17th-century interior of the Portuguese Synagogue.
- Take your kids to the JHM Children’s Museum, where they can learn about Jewish culture through fun and games.
- Visit the Jewish Historical Museum, the Children's Museum, and the Portuguese Synagogue
- Admission to all ongoing exhibitions
- Audio tour in 7 languages - English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Hebrew
- Guided tour
- Admission to the Ets Haim library
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Jewish people and culture are irrevocably tied to Amsterdam; the city has had a continuing Jewish community for more than 350 years. The Jewish Cultural Quarter may cover an area of less than one square kilometer, but every inch is packed with impressive buildings and memorials that shed a light on the Jewish heritage of Amsterdam.
Visit the Jewish Historical Museum, which is housed in four impressive synagogues. With the help of paintings and multimedia including films and 3D presentations, the museum will offer you a close look at the past and present aspects of Dutch Jewish life. Here, you will also find the JHM Children’s Museum that your kids will surely enjoy. Set up like the home of a Jewish family, the museum does a great job of combining learning with entertainment. Let your kids mini-hallahs (braided bread rolls) in the kosher kitchen, or learn a bit of Hebrew in the study. They can also explore their musical side as they play tunes in the music room.
Of course, no visit to the Jewish Cultural Quarter can be complete without exploring the 17th-century Portuguese Synagogue. The impressive building is still used for religious services, and often hosts candlelight concerts. You will be able to see how the ancient interiors are beautifully illuminated by hundreds of candles.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Jewish Historical Museum and Children's Museum
Daily from 10 AM to 5 PM.
Closed Days: King’s Day, Rosh Hashanah(Jewish New Year), and Yom Kippur(the Day of Atonement)
Sun to Fri from 10 AM. Closing times vary monthly.
Closed Days: Saturday, King’s Day, Jewish Holidays, and during special events.
- All locations of the Jewish Cultural Quarter are wheelchair accessible.
- The National Holocaust Museum and the National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg) are currently closed for renovations until 2022.
Infants aged 5 and under go free. Children and youths aged 6-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Use your time slot entry ticket to access the Jewish Cultural Quarter beginning at the Portuguese Synagogue (Mr. Visserplein 3) or the Jewish Historical Museum & Children's Museum (Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1).
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at: Jewish Cultural Quarter.
- Address: Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL, Amsterdam.
- The closest transit stops are Waterlooplein and Amsterdam, Mr. Visserplein, both within 2-3 minutes' walk from the attraction.
- Tram 14 will bring you here.
Didn't see it all in one day? Your ticket is valid for 1 month after its first use. Make sure you visit the first location at the time stated on the time-slot entry ticket; then it is free to visit the other locations within 1 month.