Harry Potter Walking Tour: London Film Locations
Take an enchanting walking tour of magical London as you are guided through popular filming locations for the Harry Potter movies and inspirational locations for the books! The perfect way to spend half a day for any Potterhead, this walking tour of the city includes a journey on the London Underground and requires that visitors have a valid Oyster card/ travel card to take part.
- Visit some of the most iconic locations from Harry Potter and relive the nostalgia of the movie series and books that inspired an entire generation to read and dream.
- Stop by real locations used during the filming of the movies, like the cafe in which the Golden Trio were attacked in Deathly Hallows and, of course, where all Hogwarts students begin their journey back to school, Platform 9 and 3/4 at Kings Cross station!
- Enjoy the company and the commentary provided by your friendly and engaging guides with the help of personal headsets, guaranteeing that you're always on the same page.
- Make sure you bring along your house ties and scarves since you'll have plenty of opportunities to take photographs to commemorate your visit!
- Professional guide
- Personal headsets
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Enjoy the commentary provided by your engaging guides
Once you meet up with your friendly and efficient guide in front of Exit 1 of the Westminster Underground Station and are joined by the rest of your tour group, the game will be afoot! After providing you with a brief introduction, you will make your way to the many different locations on your itinerary. Throughout your tour, your guide will be providing you with interesting commentary and tidbits from the movies but also interesting facts about locations you pass and if they have any connections to pop culture or movies aside from Harry Potter. You will be provided with headsets so you can hear your guide's commentary at all times. They will also show you photos and movie clips to refresh your memory about the locations you visit so you almost feel like you're reliving the movies!
Visit some of the most iconic locations from Harry Potter
You will first get to visit the Square which has hosted the world premiere for each of the films in the Harry Potter series except the last movie, and that's the same square you'll be meeting your guide in. Leicester Square was always the location of choice during film releases but since it was undergoing heavy renovations when the last movie released, Trafalgar Square hosted the last World Premiere. You will then get visit other iconic locations like where the battle in the sky took place at the beginning of Deathly Hallows when seven Potters were trying to make their way to safety and the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron which marked Harry's entrance into the magical world. You'll also get to walk over the bridge the death eaters destroyed at the beginning of the Half-Blood Prince, signaling Voldemort's return to power.
Take photographs to commemorate your visit
Don't miss the chance to take plenty of photos at the many filming locations you will visit, like the very real thoroughfare that served as the blueprint for Diagon Alley and the visitor's entrance to the Ministry of Magic that Harry had to use to attend his disciplinary hearing in Order of the Phoenix. Perhaps the best photo opportunity will present itself at the last location on your itinerary, marking the end of your walking tour, King's Cross station. Make your way to Platform 9 and 3/4, now named as such in honor of the phenomena that is Harry Potter. Pose in front of the luggage trolley embedded in the wall and feel the excitement that all 1st-year students must feel on September 1st!
know before you go
The tour includes 2 London Underground journies, so you must have a valid Oyster Card orTravelcard to take part or pay for the journey at the London Underground ticket counter. Your tour will begin at Westminster Station and end at Kings Cross Station.
Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat: 9am - 12pm and 2pm - 5pm
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (for children below 15 years of age) are available at a reduced price of 21 pounds. Senior citizen tickets (for adults above 60 years of age) are available at a reduced price of 21 pounds.
This is a walking tour and will involve a fair bit of walking. We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes, clothing and carry a refillable water bottle with you.
- You will receive your Harry Potter Small Group Walking Tour tickets via email shortly.
- Please take a printout of your voucher and present it along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point to your guide.
- Meet your guide at Exit 1, Westminster Underground Station, Westminster, London SW1A 2JR, UK.
The closest tube station is Westminster, available on the Circle, District, and Jubilee Services.
The closest bus stop is Westminster Station Bridge Street (Stop H) available on bus lines 148 and 211. You can also stop at Parliament Square ( Stop C) available on bus lines 24, 748, 750, and 751.