Guided Tour of Toledo with Wine Tasting & 7 Monuments
The quaint city of Toledo, overlooking the plains of Castilla-La Mancha, is known for producing a rich selection of wines. On this flexible guided tour, you will wander through 7 era-defining monuments and complement your drinks with sumptuous tapas.
- Tour the most emblematic areas in the multicultural city of Toledo and realize why it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Understand the traditions of winemaking and the history behind monumental structures as you walk through the meandering Casco Historica de Toledo.
- Feast on tapas and taste a decadent array of wines straight from Castilla-La Mancha when you visit a cellar in the city.
- Choose your own adventure: enter as many monuments as you want and spend time in your favorite parts of the city. An in-depth guided tour is offered at 3 monuments.
- This experience includes pick-up and drop-off in Madrid.
- English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Wine and tapas tasting
- Round-trip bus transfers from Madrid
- Entry tickets to the 7 major monuments in Toledo (optional)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Take a Day Trip from Madrid
Meet in Plaza Las Ventas, Madrid and make your way to the ancient walled city of Toledo. There are diverse monuments to encounter as you stroll through distinctive medieval streets. Go from admiring El Greco’s works in the church of Santo Tome to the synagogue of Santa Maria La Blanca in the Jewish quarters. Catch sight of the magnificent Alcázar fortress sitting on the highest region of Toledo, surrounded by unique mosques, monasteries, and palaces.
You can choose to either exclude or include monument entry fees on this ticket. 3 sites will include a guided visit while the remaining 4 can be explored independently.
Soak in a Sommelier’s Paradise
Sip on wine and dig into some tapas as you learn about Castilla-La Mancha’s age-old tradition of viticulture. After this, you will have a few hours of free time to spend where you like. Learn about the peaceful coexistence of multiple faiths through dynastic changes and savor the winding roads of Toledo’s historic city center, Casco Historico de Toledo.
Enjoy a comfortable bus ride back to Madrid, where you will be dropped off at the same place you embarked on this tour.
know before you go
- Mon to Sun: 9am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Plaza Las Ventas.
- Address: C. Julio Camba, 28028 Madrid, Spain.
- Landmark: Outside Las Ventas Metro station at the exit to Julio Camba Street, Plaza Las Ventas.
- The closest bus stop is Ventas. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 21, 38, 106, 110, 146 and more to get you there.
- The closest subway station is Ventas. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board subway lines 2 and 5 to get you there.