Guided Tour Monasterio de las Descalzas: stories and legends
Discover the Descalzas Reales Monastery. On this guided tour, marvel at the gorgeous works of art and learn about the monastery’s legends.
- Discover one of the most beautiful monasteries in Madrid on this guided tour.
- Admire beautiful areas such as the Cloister, Main Staircase, the Hall of Tapestries, and the Choir Room.
- Marvel at thousands of works of art by famous painters.
- Learn about the legends and stories of one of the richest convents in Europe, back in the day.
- Expert guide in Spanish
- Skip-the-line access
- Meal inclusions
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
On this guided tour, discover the Monastery of Descalzas as you learn about the legends and stories of what was once the richest convent in all of Europe. With a professional guide by your side, walk through history as you admire paintings, staircases, and several rooms within the building. Meet your guide at Plaza de las Descalzes, which is right in front of the entrance door to the Monastery. As you arrive at the entrance of this magnificent monument, listen to an explanation of its facade and exterior, before walking in.
Applaud the important areas of the building’s interior, such as the Cloister, through which the Procession of the Holy Burial passes every year on Good Friday. Contemplate the main staircase, which is considered to be the true jewel of this monument. Marvel at the mural paintings that were created during different periods. Notice the ceiling adorned with an impressive painting attributed to Claudio Coello. While on tour, access the Tapestry Room, and the Choir Room, and find Platersque doors. There are countless works of art that hold enormous value and paintings by some of the greatest painters in history like Luca Giordano or Antonio Moro. Don’t miss out on this historical monument!
know before you go
know before you go
- There are no public restrooms in the monument.
- Photography is not allowed inside the attraction.
- Fri, Sat, Sun: 10:15am to 11:45am
- The operating hours are subject to change. Please check the calendar to see the operating hours on your intended day of visit.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Plaza de las Descalzas .
- Address: 28013 Madrid, Spain.
- Your guide will be holding a sign or an IBE Tours umbrella, In the Plaza de las Descalzas, just in front of the entrance door to the Monastery.
- The closest bus stop is Callao. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus 148 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Callao. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metros 3 and 5 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.