Combo: 24-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and Walking Tour of the Velabrum
Discover the very best of the Eternal City with the freedom of a hop-on hop-off tour, and experience a journey through the creation of Rome on a guided tour of the Velabrum.
- Bask in the beauty of Rome from open-top panoramic buses.
- Hop on and hop off whenever the fancy strikes at the eight available stops.
- See some of the most sought-after Rome icons including the Colosseum, Vatican City, and Piazza Venezia.
- Plug into a multilingual audio guide and avail of free WiFi onboard.
- Linger as much as you want at each site with buses running every half an hour throughout the day.
- Revisit the origins of Rome on a guided walking tour of the Velabrum Valley.
- Discover well-preserved ruins, lesser-known legends, local traditions and formulas for luck, and much more.
- 24-hour ticket for hop-on hop-off open-top bus tour
- Free Wifi on board
- Audio guide in 13 languages on board the Pink Bus
- Detailed bus route map
- Walking tour of the Velabrum with a professional guide (English, Italian, or Spanish)
- Food or beverages
- Optional gratuities
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Why Should You Get on Board the HOHO
Freedom is in the palm of your hand as you admire a spectacular view of the Eternal City from an open-top panoramic bus. You have 24-hours to relax onboard, listen to the audio commentary, and get on and off at any of the eight available stops along the route. With buses running as frequently as 30 minutes throughout the day, you can stay as much as you want at each site.
The HOHO takes you close to Rome's history and beauty with stops such as the Termini Station, the Colosseum Archaeological Area, Vatican City, Sistine Chapel, Castel Sant'Angelo, Trevi Fountain, and more.
A Journey Through Rome's Foundation
The walking tour of the Velabrum takes you on a journey through time that starts around 3 millennia back and culminates in the last century. In the shadow of the well-known Bocca della Verità lies a small part of the city that safely tucks away a wealth of beauty, history, and myth.
An expert guide will lead you to the places and stories that marked the creation of the city we all know and love. You will be let in on legends that are still a mystery to most people. Visit churches, ancient temples, and arches that contain precious stories and timeless secrets waiting to be revealed. Get to know the local traditions, and discover sayings still in use to this day. Dare to tempt fate by trying some formulas for good luck!
Your journey will start from the legendary mask in Piazza Bocca della Verità. Once a wellhead, you will find out why the mask is regarded with apprehension even today. Proceed towards the four-sided Arch of Janus and the 1000-year-old church of San Giorgio. Next to the church, the elaborate Arch of the Argentari is waiting to reveal its mysteries.
Continue walking along Via di San Giovanni Decollato and its church to reach Piazza della Consolazione. Here, you will find the Tarpeian Rock, a 25-meter steep cliff that was used as an execution site in Ancient Rome. Next up is the sacred area of S.Omobono, where you will discover a particularly used, albeit vulgar, saying. Move on to the Church of San Nicola in Carcere. The structure of this 16th-century church is imprisoned among the ruins of three different Rome temples.
The tour will come full circle in Piazza Bocca della Verità, where you will see the Foro Olitorio and the Foro Boario. Invaluable to Rome's history, the temples at these forums are incredibly well-preserved even today.
know before you go
know before you go
Wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
Open Bus Highlights and Stops
- Termini Station
- Santa Maria Maggiore
- Colosseum Archaeological Area
- Circus Maximus - Mouth of Truth
- Piazza Venezia
- Vatican City, Sistine Chapel and Castel Sant'Angelo
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Barberini and Trevi Fountain
Walking Tour Highlights
- Piazza Bocca della Verità
- Arch of Janus
- Church of San Giorgio in Velabro
- Arch of the Argentari
- Tarpeian Rock
- Area of S. Omobono
- Church of San Nicola in Carcere
- Forum Holitorium
- Forum Boarium
Audio Guide Languages
Italian, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, and Arabic.
- The tour is available every Sat and Sun.
- Time slots are available at 9am, 11am, 5pm, and 7pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Walking Tour of the Velabrum
- Meet your guide at Monumento a Giuseppe Mazzini.
- Address: Piazzale Ugo La Malfa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
- Landmark: Stop n°4 Hop On Hop Off Gray Line - I Love Rome City Tour.
- The closest bus stop is Circo Massimo/Roseto Comunale. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 81,85,87,118 and more to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Circo Massimo. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metros MEB and MEB1 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Albania. It is a quick 8-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board tram 8 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.