Absolute Venice - Walking Tour, Doge's Palace & St Mark's Basilica (Skip the Line)
Enjoy this tour of some of Venice’s most famous monuments, The Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Basilica, and discover what makes this city so unique.
- Discover Venice’s oldest and most famous buildings.
- Skip-the-line entry to the Basilica and The Doge’s Palace to spend your time inside - not waiting outside.
- Visit St. Mark's Museum and admire archaic objects like the quadriga of St. Mark's.
- Enjoy access to the terrace and St. Mark's Museum on the first floor.
- Listen in to the personal audio systems for fascinating details about the city.
- Stroll through Venice’s characteristic squares or Campos afterward.
- Ticket options offering guided tours in English, French, German, and Spanish are available.
- Services of expert multilingual tour guide
- Walking tour of Venice’s famous alleys
- Skip-the-line guided tour of The Doge’s Palace
- Skip-the-line guided tour of St Mark’s Basilica
- Personal audio device
- Hotel transfers
- Food & beverages
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24hrs before schedule
Plunge Into the Political History of Venice at the Doge's Palace
With this tour, you will get to visit two of the most emblematic attractions of Venice; St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace with priority access and a tour guide. The Doge's Palace is located in St Mark's Square and is one of the most fascinating and culturally rich monuments in Venice. Having been the seat of political and administrative power of the Venice Republic from its birth to its end, the Palazzo Ducale is a statement to the splendor of Venice. While you are here, devout all your attention to your guide as the halls and corridors of this building carry stories that will enthrall you no bound.
Explore the Opulent St. Mark's Basilica
After the palace, walk into Venice’s most majestic cathedral; St Mark’s Basilica. Lay your eyes on masterpieces of Byzantine art, colorful marble installations and shimmering gold mosaic art. Squinting your eyes when you enter the Basilica is only natural, thanks to the shimmering mosaics made with 24-carat gold leaves fused onto the back of the glass to exhibit divine light. Your tour guide is likely to conduct a session wherein you sit comfortably in a certain part of the church and he explains the biblical importance and peculiarities of this ancient basilica. Watch out for tales you may never have heard of before!
Your guided tour includes a visit to the Terrace with copies of the famous horses and to St. Mark's Museum, where objects from the Basilica (including the quadriga of St. Mark's) will come into the picture. The tour starts from the ground floor to see the gold mosaics (the Basilica has 43,000 square feet of mosaic alone!), in a second time the visit continues on the first floor.
On feast days and unplanned religious celebrations, the tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. Due to the Holy Mass taking place on the ground floor, it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
know before you go
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica for security reasons. You can deposit them at the free deposit kiosk in Calle San Basso
- It is advisable to carry a bottle of water, especially on warmer days
- As it is a shared tour, there are no refunds for no shows or late arrivals
The Basilica follows a strict dress code: Guests must cover knees, arms, and back
- 9 Apr, 20 June & 15 Aug
- The tour is also unavailable on Sundays
Children between the ages of 0-6 yrs go free
Daily 9:00 AM- 1:00 PM
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Your meeting point is Torre dell'Orologio (Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy)
- This is also known as St. Mark's Square's famous clock tower
- Nearest ports are Fermanta S Marco and San Marco- San Zaccaria, both 3-minute walks to the meeting point
- Board ferries 1 & N stop here Validity This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout