Roma Pass and Carcer Tullianum
Gain free entry to two Rome museums, reduced admission to others, and entrance to the city’s oldest prison with this flexible pass. Enjoy free access to public transport too.
- Get to know Rome through its museums as you enjoy free admission to two museums and discounted entry to many others. Check out the full list here.
- Enjoy 72-hour flexibility and explore the museums at your own pace.
- This ticket also includes a visit to Carcer Tullianum, the ancient penitentiary which has seen numerous historical and religious figures over the ages.
- Complimentary access to urban metro, bus, and tram lines is a part of this ticket.
- Free access to 2 museums of your choice (Roma Pass circuit)
- Reduced entry to other museums (Roma Pass circuit)
- Free urban public transport access
- Carcer Tullianum entry with audio guide (English, French, and Spanish)
- Reception & assistance of staff
- Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel entry
- Reservations to the museums
- Public transport outside the urban city area
- Carcer Tullianum guided tour
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
These tickets are valid for 3 days from the date of purchase.
With this Pass, experience Rome’s museums in the most seamless way possible and visit the fascinating Carcer Tullianum. Enjoy free access to public transport as well.
Discover The City’s Museums
Check out the list of museums you can visit here and automatically avail of free admission to two museums of your choice with reduced-price access to others. Museums are divided into 4 categories:
Archaelogical: Go with the Roman Forum-Palatine and Imperial Fora ticket combo or enjoy a multimedia experience of the ‘Journeys of Ancient Rome’ at the Forum of Augustus & the Forum of Caesar.
Modern: The Accademia Nazionale di San Luca, home to contemporary art, historical archives, and much more, and the Galleria Borghese are highlights among the list of modern museums.
Contemporary: Contemporary art and design lovers should surely visit MAXXI - National Museum of XXI Century Art and Museo Carlo Bilotti Aranciera di Villa Borghese.
Scientific: Visit the Museo Civico di Zoologia which focuses on animal diversity and habitats.
Visit The Ancient Carcer Tullianum
Also known as the ‘Mamertine Prison’, Carcer Tullianum was built by King Anco Marzio in the 7th century BC. Many historical figures were supposed to have been imprisoned and executed here including the Apostles Peter and Paul, Jugurta – King of Numidia – and more. Discover the architectural, historical, and religious significance of this Roman landmark.
know before you go
know before you go
- Find the full list of museums included in the Roma Pass Circuit here.
- A visit to Carcer Tullianum is unsuitable for guests with mobility issues.
Public Transport Access Information
Includes free access to the Rome Metro Lines A, B, B1, and C. Bus and Tram of the ATAC Network - Regional Railways within the Municipality of Rome Rome-Lido, Rome Flaminio Piazza del Popolo-Viterbo, Rome-Giardinetti.
Excludes special TPL connections local public transport Atac - Trenitalia Freccia Rossa regional railways - Cotral special connection Rome Tiburtina / Termini - Fiumicino Airport - Trenitalia "No stop" connection Rome Termini-Fiumicino Airport (Leonardo Express) - Connections to and from Fiumicino and Ciampino Airport.
Please check the operating hours of the museum(s) you wish to visit on your intended day of visit.
- Daily: 9am - 5pm.
- The last admission is 1-hour before closing time.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- With the Roma Pass it will be possible to visit two museums with free admission, choosing from the list of museums of the Roma Pass circuit.
- It is necessary to go to one of our Collection Points to collect the Roma Pass card and the ticket that will allow access and visit to the Carcer Tullianum.
Ticket Redemption Points
Saint Peter’s Square
- Redeem your ticket at: Saint Peter’s Square, Omnia Collection Point.
- Address: Saint Peter’s Square Omnia Collection Point, Piazza Pio XII, 9.
- Redeem your ticket at: Lateran Complex, Omnia Collection Point.
- Address: Lateran Complex, Omnia Collection Point, Saint John’s in Lateran Basilica. (At the entrance of the Basilica next to the Holy Door)
- Redeem your ticket at: Carcer Tullianum, Omnia Collection Point.
- Address: Carcer Tullianum, Omnia Collection Point, Clivo Argentario.