Castel Sant'Angelo: Angels and Demons Experience
Get a guided tour around one of the most famous castles in Rome! Admire sculptures by Bernini, Raggi, Morelli and explore the tomb made for Emperor Hadrian.
- Explore the most famous castle in Rome with an expert local tour guide.
- Discover the secret connection between the castle and the Vatican.
- Marvel at the intricate sculptures made by Italian masters like Bernini and Morelli.
- Walk into Hadrian's mausoleum and take in the sight of the tomb with Baroque statues of angels at the sides.
- Feast your eyes on the gorgeous frescoes and magnificent corridors of the castle.
- End your tour with a panoramic view from the top of the castle that looks onto the skyline of Rome featuring the Vatican, Pantheon and more.
- Expert English-speaking local guide
- Access to Castel Sant'Angelo
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Your tour will begin at Ponte Sant’Angelo, formerly known as the “Aelian Bridge” or “Pons Aelius". Here, you will meet your expert local tour guide. Walking to the castle, they will regale stories about the fascinating structure in front of you. Built in 134 AD by Emperor Hadrian, the bridge spans the River Tiber from the city center to his mausoleum in the Castel Sant'Angelo. You will get a chance to admire sculptures of angels by Bernini, Raggi and Morelli. As you take in the intricacies of the architecture, you will proceed to Hadrian's tomb.
Take a moment to absorb the beauty of the frescoes, Papal apartments, and magnificent corridors. You will learn about the castle's past as a prison. As you follow in the footsteps of former popes on the Passetto di Borgo, learn how they would escape death threats from their opponents. Your guide will give you insider knowledge and explain the dark connections between the castle and Vatican State. As you near the end of your tour, you will walk to the top of the castle. Here, you will watch the stunning skyline of Rome and get a bird's eye view of the Eternal City. Get a rare glimpse of the Vatican, Pantheon and the Colosseum from the top!
know before you go
Daily 11am onwards.
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Children aged 17 and under enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time to avoid any delays.
- You will meet your tour guide on the St. Angelo Bridge at the end furthest from the castle.
- Here you will find your guide holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign.
- Address: Piazza di Ponte S. Angelo, Roma, 00186.
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - St. Angelo Bridge.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point.
- The nearest bus stop is Lgt Tor Di Nona/Rondinella.
- The stop is located just 5 minutes away from the meeting point.
- Bus #280 will get you there.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.