Romania History Tour: On The Footsteps of Communism
- Delve into the recent heartbreaking history of Romania on this guided excursion.
- Learn about the dark communist days of Romania with Nicolae Ceausescu at its head.
- Discover the true nature of this Romanian dictator as you study his rise, fall, and ultimate death.
- Drive by his villa in the Primaverii District and stop by Revolution Square.
- Explore the Parliament Palace, the grandiose project built during the communist days.
- Finally, visit the Military Unit in Targoviste where the dictatorial couple spent their last days.
- This tour is available in English, Spanish, French, Italian & German.
- Expert tour guide
- Round-trip hotel transfers with free WiFi onboard
- Bottled water
- Skip-the-line access to attractions
- Personal expenses
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Learn all about Romania's communist period and the rise (and eventual fall) of its beloved son, Nicolae Ceaușescu. This tour will give you an in-depth overview of how Ceausescu rose to power and turned from a loved, popular leader to the totalitarian dictator who pushed Romania into darkness. Stop at Ceaușescu's former HQ, where you'll see where he lived in Bucharest. You'll also visit Parliament Palace to better know how he worked. A guided, in-depth tour through the Parliament will help you get a better grasp of Ceaușescu. After learning about his life, you'll hear about his downfall and death. At the old capital of Wallachia, Targoviste, you'll stand at the very military unit where the dictatorial couple was prosecuted and executed.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Infant seats are available upon request.
- Primaverii Palace
- Parliament Palace
Slots available every hour between 7 AM & 1 PM.
24, 25 & 31 Dec, 1 Jan & Easter day.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID while boarding.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- This is applicable to all centrally-located hotels and other accommodations.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.