Exarcheia Walking Tour: The Other Side Of Athens
Explore Athens like a local and discover its most famous street art!
- Walk through Athens and see its amazing street art, markets, historic quarters, and more.
- Discover the city’s modern history and visit Exarcheia and the National Polytechnic University.
- Follow an expert guide through the busy streets and alleys like a local, and feel the political identity of the city.
- Accompanied by a local expert guide
- Coffee or another refreshment
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks)
- Pick-up, drop-off
- Private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Once you meet your tour guide, start by exploring Exarcheia, a part of Athens that has been a symbol of opposition to the establishment. The neighborhood is a hotspot for students, political events, and nightlife - and has defined the history of modern Greece. From here, explore street art created by artists from around the world. Not for nothing is Athens titled the new Berlin! You will also get to see the historical building that is the National Polytechnic University of Athens. It is best known for the student uprisings against the military dictatorship, which were violently put down on in the 70s. See here the monument that commemorates the students killed in the Greek Resistance during World War Two.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds.
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks) are provided.
- Guides are required to regularly wash hands.
- Face masks are required for guides in public areas. Travelers are provided with face masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Social distancing is enforced throughout the experience.
- This tour is pram/stroller-accesible.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes to cover long walking distances.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is permitted.
- Urban jungle: Explore the Exarcheia neighborhood, a hot spot for the students, nightlife, protests, and political events that defined the modern history of Greece.
- Street art: Get inspired by the street art created by artists from all over the world who found Athens their latest paradise.
- The University: See the historical building of the National Polytechnic School of Athens and learn the dramatic events that took place here in the early 70s.
Tue, Fri, Sat, and Sun at 10 AM.
Infants aged 0-10, as well as youths aged 11-17, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 5 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Omonoia square in front of the Hondos Center department store.
- Address: Pl. Omonias 4, Athina 104 31, Greece.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest metro station is 'Omonoia 1.' Catch the M1 or M2 to get here.
- 'Epheteio' is the nearest bus stop. Board bus #051 to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.