Venice Walking Tour & Grand Canal Gondola Ride
The greatest walks turn to the most memorable journeys! Go on a walking tour of Venice to explore the hidden gems and stories of the ‘City of Bridges’. Learn about the architecture and Renaissance through its buildings with a guide. Finish your tour with a cruise along the canals in a gondola and you will have experienced the city like a true Venetian!
- Shared walking tour around Venice with a qualified and experienced local guide
- Shared gondola ride for 30 minutes without commentary
- Guided tour with commentary available in up to 5 languages, including English and Spanish
- An opportunity to see and understand the history of the Basilica San Marco, Piazzetta Dei Leoncini, Clock Tower, Procuratie Vecchie and many more buildings of importance around Venice
- Avail a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square
- Guided tour
- 30-minute gondola ride without commentary
- Audio devices for groups with over 10 people
- Complimentary glass blowing demonstration.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
why you shouldn’t miss this
Venice has been developing as a city since the beginning of the 1st century AD. The city known by many epithets including ‘La Serenissima’ or the serene one has seen several invasions and victories. The city was the wealthiest in all of Europe at one point in time has been defined by the Renaissance period especially. People come from across the world to catch a glimpse of the iconic floating city.
Venice is a vehicular free zone, you could enter the city via car or train but you won’t get too far! Venice is built across 118 islands with over 400 bridges across 150 canals, exclusively designed only to be explored through boat and foot. This is why it’s the perfect destination for a walking tour. Its cobblestone paths and charming bridges make for a pretty picture. And the gondolas are the icons of Venice, no trip to Venice can be complete without a ride on a gondola!
This combo tour will take you through the remarkable historic parts of the city with a local guide and journey through the Grand Canal in a Gondola Ride. It will save time and let you capture the spirit of Venice at a go!
Your walking tour with a local and experienced guide begins at Piazza San Marcos and will be in the language of your choice. San Marco or St. Mark’s Square has several places of interest with rich history behind them including the Basilica San Marco, Piazzetta dei Leoncini, Clock Tower and Procuratie Vecchie. After admiring the imposing piazza you will head to the Santa Maria Formosa, a Renaissance style church with a wonderful façade. You learn why the church is named after Formosa and many other legends associated with it.
From here you will head to another square, the Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo with an impressive Gothic church. You will be crossing several bridges and canals on this short walk giving you ample opportunity to experience the Venetian way of life. The pollution free streets are a welcome change from the buzzing cities back home and take you back to a golden era. You will also see other landmarks like the great Italian explorer-merchant Marco Polo’s house, the Great School of Charity and Malibran Theatre.
You will now head back towards St. Mark’s Square through the Mercerie, the main shopping street that connects Rialto to San Marco. Rialto is the main commercial area of Venice and also has the Rialto Bridge which was one of the oldest bridges in Venice.
After reaching San Marco, you will head to the gondola landing stage to start your gondola ride. Your guide will bid you goodbye here and you will move on for a pleasant ride along the canals of Venice. The gondola ride will showcase landmarks that you didn’t see on your walking tour. You will catch a glimpse of Desdemona’s House, Mozart’s House and the iconic La Fenice Theatre as you pass through the Rio De Le Ostreghe.
From here you will meet the Grand Canal from where you can view the Peggy Guggenheim Museum. The gondola ride will pass in front of the Salute Church from where you can catch a panoramic view of St. Giorgio’s Island, the Bell Tower of Saint Mark’s and Doge’s palace rounding off your entire trip through Venice on both foot and water.
You can extend your tour with the Glass Craftsman Demonstration which includes visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
know before you go
- Every day at 9:00 AM.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- The tour does not operate on December 25th, January 1st and February 24th.
Please note that the tour will not operate on days when there is a high tide or bad weather. In these cases, the tour can be postponed to the very next day or refunded.
Tour Language Options
1st April - 31st October
- Everyday: English, German, Spanish, French
- Saturday: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
1st November - 31st March
- Everyday: English
- Monday and Friday: German
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: French
- Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: Spanish
Each gondola can accommodate a maximum of 6 people. Your seat on the gondola will be chosen by the gondolier based on weight. This is not a private gondola ride and the gondola will be shared with other members of your tour.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes for this tour.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities.
- Once you complete the booking, you will receive an email with the mobile voucher shortly. You can download it onto your phone directly and there is no need to print out the voucher.
- Please display the mobile voucher to your guide at the meeting point on the day of the tour along with a valid photo ID to proceed with the tour.
- Meet your guide at Calle Larga de l'Ascension, in front of the Post Office.
- Address: 30100 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy.
- Your guide will be waiting at the brown wooden newsstand with a "MEETING POINT" yellow sign.
- The closest ferry stop is San Marco (Vallaresso) SX. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board ferries 1, N to get you there.
Your voucher is valid only for the date and time of the booking.