Vatican VIP: Early Morning or After Hours Tour of Museums & Sistine Chapel
On this tour, you will enter the Vatican Museums and have a guided tour of Sistine Chapel before the general public, which means you will be able to skip the ticket line and start to enter at 8am. In the company of an expert English-speaking guide, you will be able to gain access to the Chapel more than an hour before the scheduled opening time and enjoy the treasures of the Sistine Chapel in solitude and peace. You also have the freedom to wander and explore the Vatican Museum.
- Get early, priority access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- While the Vatican Museums open at 9am, you will be able to enter the museum at 8am, just before the general public and enjoy your time exploring it.
- Enjoy cozy groups of no more than 20 guests at a time.
- Get insights into the history of the Vatican in your guided tour of the Sistine Chapel.
- Choose from early morning entry and after-hour exclusive night entry.
- Upgrade your ticket to indulge in a banquet breakfast along with early morning entry.
- Beat the tourist crowds with either the early entrance or after-hour tour.
- Note that the guide will not be with you throughout. After the guided tour ends you can explore the Vatican Museums at your own pace.
- Early-morning/after-hour entry into The Vatican Museums
- Breakfast in the Pinecone Courtyard - 30 minutes (optional)
- Entry to the Sistine Chapel
- Expert English-speaking tour guide for the Sistine Chapel only. (Guide is not available for the Vatican Museum)
- Semi-private group of 20 people or less
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded.
Enjoy Early Access or After-Hour Access Along with a Guided Tour
This tour provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the Vatican Museums just before it opens or closes for the day to the general public. You will be able to explore the galleries of the Vatican Museums and enjoy a guided tour of the Sistine Chapel. With thousands of visitors flocking to the museums every day, it is one of the most crowded attractions in Rome. This tour, however, allows you to peacefully experience the beauty of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel when it is comparatively less crowded.
Depending upon the ticket option you have chosen, you can enjoy a spread of American-style breakfast in the peaceful atmosphere of the Pinecone Courtyard, prior to your tour.
Marvel at the Masterpieces Housed Within the Vatican Museums
Make your way to the Vatican Museums and check out some of the most important galleries and highlights of the Vatican Museums. The Vatican Museums are home to a number of classical sculptures and paintings by Renaissance greats such as Raphael, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Walk into the Marvelous Sistine Chapel
The tour will continue on to the Sistine Chapel with a local expert, which is attached to the end of the Vatican Museums complex. Be among the first visitors of the day to enter before the crowds have poured in. Here, you will come face to face with some of the most important works of art ever created, some that are considered to be cornerstones of western art. The most impressive among them will be the marvelous ceiling that was painted by Michelangelo in a span of 4 years. Another iconic piece is The Last Judgement, also painted by the great Michelangelo.
Note that this after the guided tour, your guide will leave you to explore and wander around at your own pace.
Visiting the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel can be a once-in-a-lifetime affair. Our immersive tour guarantees that you have an unforgettable experience exploring the depths of the papal seat of power, with interesting insights, great photo-ops, and even greater prices!
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Early Morning Entrance
- After-Hours Exclusive Night Entrance
- Early Morning Entrance with VIP Breakfast at the Vatican
- Due to Covid restrictions, the corridor between St.Peter's Church and the Sistine Chapel is temporarily closed to the public. The distance between the two sites without this access means that a guided visit inside St.Peter's Basilica will not be possible. To make the most out of your visit, your guide will give you a full introduction to the Basilica and explain how to visit the Basilica on your own after the tour.
- Mandatory: From August 6, 2021, onwards, all sites that we visit in Italy will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (completed within 48 hours) prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. You can read more about it on the Italian Government website. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior to your schedule, and we can help answer any questions you may have.
This tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel takes place on all days except Sunday. The Sistine Chapel is often subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies.
Metro: The entrance to the Vatican Museums is between the stops "Cipro" & "Ottaviano" of the metro line A, the orange line. The meeting point is at Viale Vaticano, 100, which is a few minutes walk from each of the metro stops.
Taxi: It is very important that you tell the driver "Caffè Vaticano" or Musei Vaticani. Our meeting point is a few meters away. Look for us across the street, in case your driver drops you off opposite the caffè.
Walk: From St. Peter's Square, take Via di Porta Angelica and follow the Vatican walls (on your left) on foot until you reach Piazza del Risorgimento. Turn left and keep following the Vatican walls until you reach Viale Vaticano. Turn left into Viale Vaticano and cross to the other side of the street. Walk up the street and you will find our meeting point about 100 feet away. Notice that this is at least a 15 minute walk.
Use your smartphone: type the words "Caffè Vaticano" into your phone's navigation system and the directions will take you just a few feet from the top of the stairs!
Please be dressed appropriately. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- At the Meeting Point, please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Students who have purchased discounted tickets must show their valid Student IDs to verify age and gain entry.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
The exact meeting point information will be present on the confirmation voucher. Please read that information carefully.