Vatican Skip the Line & Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Discover one of the greatest works of art at the Sistine Chapel located in the Vatican Museums. Take a Hop-On Hop-Off ride on the red coloured double-decker buses around the fascinating city of Rome. Enjoy the attractions of Rome from your new vantage point aboard the bus.
- Explore the Vatican Museums with skip-the-line entry to the famed attraction that saves you the hassle of waiting in long queues.
- Explore the city of Rome with a 24-hour or 48-hour Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour, which gives you the opportunity to travel and experience the city on your own terms.
- Board double-decker buses from any of the 3 main stops on this route and easily redeem your e-ticket upon boarding.
- Hop on and off at your leisure as many times as you’d like for the entire 24-hour duration of your ticket.
- Learn about Roman wonders with a multilingual audioguide while you enjoy breathtaking, panoramic views from either the upper or lower deck of the bus as per your choice.
- Buses run at intervals of 15 minutes so you don't ever have to wait for too long!
- Free WiFi on board and a detachable roof to operate in all weather conditions for a worry-free experience!
- To further enrich your experience, take advantage of the free map of the Bus Routes, which you can view here.
- Skip-the-line entry into Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off access for 24 or 48 hours
- Multilingual audio headset (8 languages)
- Sightseeing across key attractions in Rome
- Hop-On Hop-Off map of Rome
- One disability access seating per bus
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
With the skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museums, you can go past the long queues that are common outside. You can use this precious time to explore the artistic collections and appreciate the incredible skill of the artists. Enter the illustrious Sistine Chapel, trail your eyes along the ceiling and watch Michelangelo’s work come to life. Considered one of the greatest examples of Renaissance art, along with the Last Judgment on the wall, the Creation of Adam, which depicts God nearly touching hands with Adam is one of the most iconic images in the world, rivalled only perhaps by the Mona Lisa. The fresco is almost 19-feet long, and witnessing it in person is a spectacular experience.
After a tour of the Vatican Museums, you can enjoy a ride around town on the Hop-On Hop-Off double-decker buses. Your Hop-On Hop-Off tickets let you board and get off at any of the stops on the route as often as you like! You will have the chance to explore each of the attractions on the route at your own pace and, with numerous bus stops present around town and buses departing every 10-15 minutes, you'll never have to wait too long. Conveniently explore major sightseeing attractions such as the Colosseum, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia, Circo Massimo, and The Vatican. From the comfort of your seat atop the open deck bus, you’ll get endless panoramic views and photo ops of Rome’s top attractions. You can choose between a 24 and 48-hour ticket, depending on how much time you have and whichever pass suits your needs better.
View a full map of the Bus Route and Visitor's Center here.
Know Before You Go
Vatican & 24-hour bus tour - You can visit the city of Rome over a period of 24 hours using the Hop-On Hop-Off ticket in addition to the Vatican Museum.
Vatican & 48-hour bus tour – You can visit the city of Rome over a period of 48 hours using the Hop-On Hop-Off ticket in addition to the Vatican Museum.
- Mon to Sat - 9 AM to 3 PM (last entry)
- 19 Mar, 12 Apr, 13 Apr, 29 Jun, 15 Aug, 1 Nov, 8 Dec, 26 Dec
- Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not allowed in the Vatican Museums. You may stow these items in the cloakroom at the Vatican Museums.
- The Museums fo have a strict code so please do not wear short pants, low cut tops and keep your knees and shoulders covered.
- This tour involves a fair bit of walking so we recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes.
Buses run from 9 AM to 7:30 PM at intervals of 10-15 minutes from the three main terminals located near Termini Station:
- Terminal A: Via Marsala 7
- Terminal B: L.go di Villa Peretti, 1
- Terminal C: Piazza dei Cinquecento
The Hop-On Hop-Off buses follow one route with 9 stops:
- Stop #1: Termini Station
- Stop #2: Santa Maria Maggiore
- Stop #3: Colosseum - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #4: Circo Massimo
- Stop #5: Piazza Venezia
- Stop #6: Vatican City & Castel Sant’Angelo
- Stop #7: Fontana di Trevi (except Saturdays after 3:00 PM, Sundays and bank holidays)
- Stop #8: Via Ludovisi & Via Veneto - Purchase entrance tickets here.
- Stop #9: Piazza Barberini
Rome is a lively capital city and therefore political events, demonstrations and celebrations can disrupt the itinerary at any time, especially during special events, holidays summer and at weekends. There may be delays, reduced frequency and route alterations due to traffic congestion and road closures.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation with your Vatican Skip the Line & Sightseeing Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour ticket voucher shortly. Please take a printout. Show the printout with a valid photo ID onboard any bus to start using your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket. In order to redeem your tickets for the Vatican Museum, please visit the Visitor Center at the Vatican Museums, in Via Sebastiano Veniero, 74.
The Vatican Museum tickets are valid for the date and time of the booking. The Hop-On Hop-Off bus tickets are valid for 24 hours or 48 hours depending on the variant chosen.