After-Hours Access: Colosseum Underground, Arena Floor & Roman Forum
Visit the Colosseum after hours and see it lit up in all its glory on this exclusive access evening tour. In small groups of 25 or fewer, you'll get to see this famous Roman attraction after it has closed to the public.
- Witness spectacular views of the Roman Forum in the evening light from Capitol Hill as you are accompanied by an expert, English-speaking guide.
- Get exclusive access to the Colosseum Underground and Arena Floor after it has closed to the public in small groups of 25 or fewer.
- See the impressive Colosseum all lit up like a stage, a spectacular sight made better by your guide regaling you with interesting tales about this Roman monument.
Spectacular Views of the Roman Forum from Capitoline Hill
Begin the tour at Capitoline Hill (Campidoglio), from where you will get exquisite views of the Roman Forum when it is closed for the night. Hear about the birth of Rome and its most famous emperors as you go back in time from your bird's eye view on Capitoline Hill.
Exclusive Access to the Colosseum Underground and Arena Floor By Night
Enter the Colosseum after it has closed for the public on this exclusive evening tour. Your expert, English-speaking guide will accompany you and your small group consisting of 25 people and take you through restricted areas, such as the Colosseum underground, which is where the gladiators would wait before being called out for combat in the amphitheater. Also, take a personal tour of the Colosseum and hear all about the politics, the emperors and the bloody battles that this iconic arena was famous for.
Colosseum | Special access to the underground and Arena floor | Roman Forum | Capitoline Hill
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide.
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer.
- Skip the line access to the Colosseum.
- Entrance ticket & reservation fee for the Colosseum.
- Headsets when appropriate.
Know Before You Go
On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
This 2.5-hour tour is available on all days of the week except Thursday. The tour starts at 7:00 PM, 7:30 PM 8:00 PM & 8:30 PM.
The tour begins at the Trajan's Column.
By Bus: Fori Imperiali/Campidoglio is the closest bus station and is a 1-minute walk away via Via dei Fori Imperiali. Walk north-west on Via dei Fori Imperiali towards Piazza della Madonna di Loreto and the meeting point will be on the right.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel this tour up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive an email with your Colosseum By Night tickets within 30-45 minutes. You may display the tickets on your mobile device at the meeting point on the day of the tour. The guide will be standing in front of Trajan's Column, next to Altare della Patria.
In Front of Trajan’s Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia, Rome