Chianti Half Day Wine Tasting Tour
Discover the picturesque region of Chianti as you take a self-guided tour of a local winery. Visit some beautiful estates in Tuscany and enjoy some of the finest Chianti wine and local delicacies. Learn the process for wine creation, with a guided tour around the production cellars.
- Savor exquisite Chianti wine, after you are taken on a tour of the incredible wine estates of Tuscany
- Visit Chianti's Castellina that boasts wild and exotic fauna, along with the remains of the Etruscan civilization
- Get a chance to taste olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and some local snacks, as you revel in the beauty of the Tuscan countryside and landscape
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Tuscany is regarded as the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. It has been the home to numerous influential figures in the fields of art and science. It is also well-known for its wines, such as Brunello di Montalcino, Morellino di Scansano, and Chianti, originating from the picturesque Chianti region. Tuscan foods are quite simple, with a wide variety of bread, cheese, meat and legumes used in their cuisine. Wine production forms an integral part of their history and culture and is something held with great pride by the people of Tuscany.
You will travel by minivan or GT coach through the beautiful Italian countryside. A tour leader will accompany you and ensure that you have a seamless Chianti experience. The sight of the stunning Tuscan landscape with its rolling hills and lush flora is something that you can never forget. The Chianti vineyards are nestled in these hills, and the harmony of colors is something rarely seen in nature elsewhere. You will also see numerous villages, medieval castles, and ancient churches, frozen in time and serving as a reminder of centuries gone by.
You will make your way to a wine estate, where you will be taken on a guided tour of the cellars. You will be walked through the entire process of wine production, all the way from harvesting the grapes to bottling the end product. You can then savor a tasting of several flavors of specialty wines, enjoying some sliced cured meats, salami, and bruschetta along with the drink to tingle your taste buds.
- Transportation in a minivan or GT coach
- Snack with salami, bruschetta, and sliced cured meats
- Visit to two well-known local wineries and wine estates
- Olive oil and wine tasting
Know Before You Go
Between the 16th of November and the 14th of March:
- 2:45 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in English, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Russian and Japanese.
Between the 15th of March and the 15th of November:
- Every day at 2:45 PM in English and Spanish.
- 2:45 PM on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in French, Portuguese, Chinese, German, Russian and Japanese.
- 2:45 PM on Saturdays in Italian.
At the time of checkout, you will have the option to book tickets for both adults and children. Child tickets have reduced pricing so please select these according to the age specified for these tickets. Please carry valid ID for all members of your party for whom you're booking reduced pricing tickets to confirm their age if required. Entry is free for children below the age of 2.
This tour cannot accommodate those with reduced mobility.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation with your Chianti Half Day Afternoon Tour ticket voucher shortly. Show the mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point to the driver-guide on the day of departure. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the departure of your tour.
Stazione Leopolda: Viale Fratelli Rosselli at the corner with Via Elio Gabbuggiani
The Chianti Half Day Afternoon Tour ticket is valid only for the date and time of the booking.