Guided Tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel
Uncover the art and history inside the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on this fascinating guided tour. Skip the ticketing lines at both these attractions and head to the priority entrance with an expert guide to explore the different parts of the Museums like the Greek Cross Room, and the Gallery of the Muses!
- Skip the line at the entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- An expert guide will take you through some of the most famous attractions here, including the Greek Cross Room, the Gallery of the Candelabra, and the Gallery of the Muses.
- Live tour commentary via audio headset.
There are over 1400 galleries inside the Vatican Museums that are home to artwork from all over the world that are several centuries old - from the Egyptians to the Sumerians and the Romans to the Etruscans. The Sistine Chapel hosts frescoes by the world-famous sculptor Michaelangelo, which are worth viewing.
You will be escorted directly into the Vatican Museums from the entrance, skipping the long queues outside. Once you meet your guide, he/she will take you through the Museums. The tour route is meticulously planned and will showcase the Museums' most important collections, such as the Galleries (of the Tapestries, of the Geographical Maps, of the Candelabras), the Roman, Greek and Renaissance sculptures (including Apollo of the Belvedere and the Laocoon), the treasures of the Popes, and the picture gallery thronged by Flemish paintings and the works of contemporary and medieval artists.
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Gallery of the Muses
- Round Room
- Greek Cross Room
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Gallery of the Candelabra
- Sistine Chapel
- Skip the line at the entrance to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
- Expert guide who will take you through the Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
- Live tour commentary via audio headset. Headsets to listen to the guide even at a distance (from 6 pax).
Know Before You Go
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible.
This tour is available at 10 AM and 1:30 PM from Monday-Saturday. You will be granted entry only on the date and time of the booking. The tour lasts approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The last entrance at the Sistine Chapel on November 30th will be at 8.30 AM.
The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel will remain closed on Sundays.
English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, and Russian.
The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel follow a strict dress code. Please ensure that your knees and shoulders are covered. Ensure that you aren't wearing the following: Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats. Comfortable shoes are recommended as the tour involves a considerable amount of walking.
At the time of checkout, you will have the option to book tickets for both adults and children. Child tickets have reduced pricing so please select these according to the age specified for these tickets. Please carry valid ID for all members in your party for whom you're booking reduced pricing tickets to confirm their age if required.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Your confirmation email will have the link to register for your complimentary tour of Rome. Look out for it!
- You will receive an email with your Guided Tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel voucher shortly. Please display your voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Students below the age of 26 can purchase tickets at discounted rates and MUST carry their student IDs to verify age and gain entry.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the schedule time of your tour to avoid any delays