Domitilla Catacombs Guided Tour & Open Shuttle Bus Tour
Visit the dark and twisted tunnels deep under the city of Rome on this exciting tour of the Domitilla Catacombs. Take a ride from Rome to the Catacombs on a shuttle bus powered by methane. With a professional guide accompanying you, learn a great deal about the strange environment you are about to witness on this tour!
- Enjoy a ride on an open-top shuttle bus with an audioguide onboard as you make your way to the Catacombs.
- Explore the Domitilla Catacombs, Rome’s oldest underground labyrinth.
- Learn about the history of the catacombs, with commentary from an accompanying professional guide.
The tour will take you through the infamous catacombs of Domitilla, one of the largest underground labyrinths in Rome. To reach the catacombs, you will take a 45-minute ride to its entrance on a methane-powered shuttle bus. During the ride to the catacombs, an audioguide is available in 7 different languages. You can learn a great deal about the journey and the places you will pass. The departures will start from Largo di Villa Peretti, whereas the shuttle will pass through the Colosseum and Circus Maxima on its way to Domitilla.
The catacombs are divided into four different levels, with almost 17 kilometers of tunnels and corridors present. As you walk along these dingy passages, a guide will accompany you. The guide will provide excellent insight and history about the region. The tour through the catacombs will take between 65 to 90 minutes. The tour guide will explain to you in detail about the people's beliefs in the early centuries as well as the various aspects of Christianity during these times. You will learn about their belief in resurrection and immortality and also about the cult that buried their dead in these underground cemeteries.
- Audioguide on the shuttle in 7 different languages
- Guided tour at the entrance of catacombs available in 5 different languages.
- Entry into the Domitilla Catacombs
Know Before You Go
Monday to Sunday
- Departure from Terminal B-Largo di Villa Peretti at 9:15 AM, 10:40 AM, 3 PM.
- First stop at the Colosseum at 9:30 AM, 10:55 AM and 3:15 PM
- Second Stop at Circus Maxima at 9:40 AM, 11:05 AM and 3:25 PM
- Arrival at Domitilla at 10 AM, 11:25 AM, and 3:45 PM
- Return from Domitilla at 11:30 AM, 12:55 PM and 4:50 PM
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation with your Domitilla Catacombs Guided Tour & Open Shuttle Bus Tour ticket voucher shortly. Please take a printout. Show the printout with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Terminal B-Largo di Villa Peretti
How to Get There
By Subway: Get off at stop Termini using lines MEA, MEB, MEB1.
By Bus: Get off at stop Termini using buses 40, 70, 75, 85, 90, 150F, 170, 590, N1, N2, N2L, N5, N9, N12, N18.
The ticket is valid only for the date and time of the booking.
Terminal B-Largo di Villa Peretti, Rome