Villa Borghese Gallery and Gardens Skip The Line Guided Tour
Relish the exquisite beauty of Rome’s greatest museum of art and its lush gardens on this visit to the Villa Borghese Gallery. Stroll through the gardens outside as you listen to the guide’s stories of how the Borghese Gallery evolved into the attraction it is today.
- Explore that magical works of art that adorn the walls of the Borghese Gallery.
- Gain incredible insight into the gallery and it's history with the help of an expert guide, well-versed in the English language, who will accompany you on this tour.
- With small groups consisting of fewer than twenty people, you are guaranteed a visit that is both intimate and informative
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the gallery and avoid the winding lines that are typical for this famed attraction.
- Witness the spectacular and unparalleled views from the famous Pincio Terrace.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
There are few museums in the world that can match the grandeur of the Borghese Gallery. It houses collections of art by legendary painters and sculptors such as Berini, Messina, Raphael, Caravaggio, and many others. These works of art were originally assembled by the wealthy Cardinal Scipione Borghese. The Borghese Family continued to add pieces to the incredible collection.
Some of the art works were sold to the French State during the 19th century as the Borghese family started going bankrupt. These pieces are still preserved in the Louvre. Since 1903, the museum has been open to the public, and has seen significant restoration and modernisation work.
You will be accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide on your tour of the Borghese Gallery. Your guide will narrate interesting anecdotes related to the museum and the pieces of art inside. Gaze into the depths of Bernini’s famous sculpture of ‘Apollo and Daphne’ and Raphael’s ‘The Deposition’. The history behind the works of art and how they came to be in the Borghese Gallery, explained by the guide, is just as intriguing as the artistic pieces.
The Italians deeply admired the English Gardens during the Renaissance, and Flaminio Ponzio, one of the most popular architects of 17th century Rome, designed the Borghese Gardens to resemble these English Gardens. The tour is crowned by a visit to the Pincio Terrace, a splendid vantage point from where you can see much of Rome from a completely fresh perspective.
- Expert English speaking guide
- Skip the Line Access to Borghese Gallery
- Walking tour of the Villa Borghese Gardens
- Small group of 20 people or less
- Headsets, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
The duration of the tour is three hours.
Tuesdays to Sundays:
- The tour is available at 9:00 AM in the morning and also at 3:00 PM.
- Please Note: No tours will be scheduled on the first Sunday of the month.
The guide will convey all the information in fluent English.
Wheelchair access is available for those who find it difficult to walk. Strollers option is available as well.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher instantly. On the day of your visit, please display the voucher on your mobile device to the representative at the meeting point, along with a valid photo ID.
Assemble at the Piazzale del Museo Borghese, in front of the Museum's entrance at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
How to get there
You can take the Metro Line A towards direction 'Battistini’ at the 'Termini’ station. Deboard at the 'Flaminio- Piazza del Popolo’ stop. From there, the Villa Borghese is a 3-minute walk. Reach the homonymous gallery which is located inside the park.
The ticket is valid only from 2 hours of the scheduled time for which you’ve made the reservation.
Piazzale del Museo Borghese, 00197 Roma RM, Italy, Roma
Other experiences similar to Villa Borghese Gallery and Gardens Skip The Line Guided Tour