Skip The Line Access to the Accademia Gallery with Audioguide
Enjoy Skip the Line access to view and explore one of the most coveted art collections in the world. With audioguide in hand, you will gain incredible insight about the masterpieces that are housed in the magnificent Accademia Gallery!
- Experience the world-famous Accademia Gallery with a guided audio commentary from expert historians
- Bask in the beauty of the artworks and the architecture of the gallery itself, at your own pace
- Walk into any of the 7 zones of the gallery, spread over two floors
- Witness sculptures and classics that have withstood the test of time
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Occupying the entire block between the Palazzo Medici Riccardi and the San Marco Museum, the Accademia Galleria consists of seven museum halls. Irrespective of the time and day, it attracts thousands of people, all vying to get a look at Michelangelo’s David. The statue of David is a masterpiece created by the legendary Michelangelo. Made of marble and standing at over 5 metres, it is one of those sculptures that every person must experience in person. Situated in Florence, often considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world, the entire city is a testament to the architectural heritage of Italy. The Accademia is one of the two most prominent art galleries in the city. In 2016, over 1.4 million people visited the gallery. Your ticket, however, allows you to skip the long lines altogether.
Once you meet your guide in front of the main entrance and gain entry, you can start exploring the colossal space and all of the art it holds. Spread out over two floors, some masterpieces are considered “must-sees”, like Michelangelo’s David. As the centrepiece of the gallery, the statue was created by Michelangelo with the goal of producing the perfect embodiment of a man. At merely 26 years of age, Michelangelo was at the time of commissioning of the statue, already one of the most famous and best paid artists in the country. Another work by the maestro that should catch your eye is Michelangelo’s Slaves. Also known as I Prigioni, these statues are famous for being unfinished examples of Michelangelo’s work. The difficulty and skill required to carve out sculptures from marble is apparent, and they provide an excellent insight into his approach to sculpting.
Housing some of the most famous works of Renaissance artists, and several other artworks crafted by Michelangelo, the audio commentary is sure to leave you with a better understanding of the style of art that was popular in that time period. Additionally, for those who are unfamiliar with art, the audioguide provides an excellent background into the rich history and heritage of the artists and their works. Since the gallery itself isn't particularly vast, going through the entire museum shouldn’t take too long.
- Skip the Line ticket to Accademia Gallery
Know Before You Go
The gallery is open Tuesday to Sunday from 8:15 AM to 6:50 PM. It is closed on Mondays.
Your entry time will be 10:30 AM. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled entrance time to the ticket counter where you can exchange your mobile voucher for a physical ticket.
- Kindly note that your tickets allow to skip the entry line into the gallery. However, there may be a wait at the ticket office across from the museum when you're exchanging your voucher for the physical ticket.
- You will then have to gain entry at Priority Entrance for Reserved Ticket holders. You will still have to go through security check.
- Due to security reasons, the gallery can only accommodate a certain number of people at any given time so, if space allows, you may be moved to a slightly earlier or later time slot upon arrival.
- Reduced price option is available at the gallery for European Union citizens. Your IDs will be checked at the entrance.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with your mobile voucher within 30-45 minutes of your purchase. No need to print. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticket office across the street from the museum to exchange your mobile voucher for a physical ticket, after which you can head to Priority Entrance for Reserved Ticket holders and head in. Please note that you will still have to go through security check.
Gallleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60,, Florence
Other experiences similar to Skip The Line Access to the Accademia Gallery with Audioguide