Skip The Line: St. Marks Basilica with Walking Tour of Venice
Stroll around the streets of Venice for 3 hours with our exemplary guide escorting you through the throbbing parts of Serenissima Republic, recalling the charming past of this unique city. Along with the walking tour, gain special access to St. Mark's Basilica with guided commentary.
- Walk the cobbled streets of Venice and discover the charisma of the city on foot.
- Explore the city with a certified guide who will walk you through centuries of Venetian history
- Walk by the lesser known Malibran Theatre, Pantheon of Venice, Great School of Charity and the Captains of fortune
- Gain skip the line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Indulge in a 1-hour guided tour of St Mark's Basilica (Exterior & Interior)
- Opportunity to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square, which is complimentary with this tour
Walk through the cobbled streets of Venice and discover fascinating structures blanketed in history adorning the Floating City.
Sights seen :
Basilica San Marco | Palazzo Ducale | Bell Tower | Clock Tower | Procuratie | Campo Santa Maria Formosa | Campo San Giovanni E Paolo | Great School of Charity | The Captains of fortune | Marco Polo's House | Malibran Theater | Mercerie | Rialto Market
The walking tour will end at around 10:45 AM, after which you will head towards one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world, St. Mark's Basilica at around 12:00 PM. Skip the line and walk into the cathedral escorted by your certified guide and explore this Byzantine masterpiece to its fullest. Delve into its deep biblical history, admire the intricate gold mosaics and marble inlays and feast your eyes on the Pala d'Oro, an exquisite example of Byzantine art studded with thousands of precious stones and gems.
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified guide
- Skip the line: Shared guided tour to the Basilica and Pala d'Oro
- Audio receiver devices included in groups over 10 people
- Coupon free of charge for an optional Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday).
- There is only one slot daily that starts at 9:00 AM.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure.
- The tour does not operate on August 15th, November 1st, December 8th , December 25th, January 1st, January 6th, February 24th and during unplanned religious celebrations or in the case of an exceptional high tide.
- The approximate duration of the tour is about 2.5 hours.
St Mark's Square- Clocktower near the Exchange Office ( White building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will be there with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Guided Tour Commentary languages
1 April 2018 - 31 October 2018
- Everyday: English, Spanish, German and French
- Saturday: English, Spanish, German, French and Italian
The visit is monolingual.
1 November 2018 - 31 March 2019
- Everyday: English
- Monday and Friday: German
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: French
- Wednesday and Saturday: Spanish
This visit could be bilingual.
Arriving By Public Vaporetto:
Take line #1 and get off at San Marco Vallaresso stop or line #2 and get off at San Marco Giardinetti stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right towards the Exchange Building. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving By Private Watertaxi:
Get dropped at the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you get off, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight leaving the Basilica on your right and find under the Clock Tower our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR.
Arriving On Foot:
The Clock Tower is located on Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight ahead leaving the Basilica to your right and you will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard that reads TOUR under the Clock Tower.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
Super Flexible Cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email shortly. There is no need to print the ticket. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near the Exchange Office (White building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard that reads TOUR. Please display the voucher to him/her and proceed for the tour.
St. Mark's Square Clock Tower, Piazza San Marco, Venezia